cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori hub on-premise installation from NW 7.4 to NW 7.5 (AnyDB)

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

not sure if we over complicating things but currently we like to upgrade our on-premise NW 7.4 SPS 12 Fiori Hub system (comprising e.g. SAP_GWFND 740 SP 12 and SAP_UI 740 SP 13) to NW 7.5 on anyDB

I particularly find it hard to get an definite statement when looking at the (found) resources.

In short: Is there an option to upgrade to NW 7.5 anyDB or would we either need stay on NW 7.4 and just update SAP_UI to 750 or need to have HANA (or Sybase ASE or MaxDB) on the Fiori Hub Server

Any clarification would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks and kind regards

Jens

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Oliver_S
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jens,

SAP Fiori Front-End Server 2.0 without any applications is in general anyDB, see also PAM SAP Fiori Front-End Server 2.0.

However Note 2214245  is about the product  SAP FIORI FOR SAP S/4HANA 1511 , these are applications for S/4HANA running  on top of FES. So if you want to run these you are restricted to the DBs: HDB, SAP MaxDB and Sybase ASE.

BR, Oliver

nishant_jain5
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver

I have a question  on this for a long time now.

The below line from your comment

"However Note 2214245  is about the product  SAP FIORI FOR SAP S/4HANA 1511 , these are applications for S/4HANA running  on top of FES. So if you want to run these you are restricted to the DBs: HDB, SAP MaxDB and Sybase ASE. "

1. Is it not possible to install a NW 7.5 system on top of anyDB and then deploy all the necessary front end add-ons required for s4 hana ? would this Fiori/gateway system not suffice?

2. What is the additional advantage that these DBs: HDB, SAP MaxDB and Sybase ASE are giving?

Regards,

Nishant Jain

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Oliver,

I also had a look at the PAM but started from an application component point of view like here . What confused me there was that there was no mention about Netweaver 7.5 as a prerequisite but only Netweaver 7.4 and said SAP Fiori Front-End Server 2.0.

As I interpreted note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2219596 in a way that SAP Fiori Front-End Server 2.0 is simply a bundle of pre-existing products under a new name, I (wrongly) deducted that the PAM should have listed Netweaver 7.5 also as a prerequisite for that app compononent. (And maybe the PAM is wrong and really should mention Netweaver 7.5, but that's another story).

So takeway is: Fiori is supported on NW 7.5 on anyDB with almost any app component (except of Wave 1 Launchpage Apps)

Many thanks and kind regards

Jens

Oliver_S
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi, sorry i forgot to mention that SAP Fiori Front End Server 2.0 itself has no DB PAM, just contains alternative versions of AS ABAP. So to read the PAM you have to click "General Information" --> "Related Product Versions" and voila you see its based on alterantive AS ABAPs - one is NW 7.5. Click on NW 7.5 and then classic procedure.

Derek_Fox
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jens

My BASIS Team has upgraded our (Central Gateway Hub) from SAP NetWeaver 7.4 SP13 to SAP NetWeaver 7.5 SP02 which is running on Microsoft SQL Server 2012 R2 (they are currently busy applying SP03 now).

If I recall correctly, my BASIS team mentioned something about Solution Manager and SAP NetWeaver 7.5 a while ago when upgrading, I'll check with them to find out how they did this and let you know.

In the SAP EA Explorer, there is guidelines on the Fiori Front End Server:

Reading through it, it seems that if you use any of the Fiori apps based on SAP HANA or S4/HANA, then the only databases available to use is the SAP HANA or MaxDB or ASE software.

Regards

Derek