cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is SAP Host Agent?

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Please explain What is the main use of SAP Host Agent? and

What is the relation b/w Sap Host agent and Saposcol?

Your help will be rewarded, Thanks.

Best regards,

Bhushan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Bhushan,

saposcol is a part of the SAP Host Agent package. The SAP Host Agent starts and manages saposcol. The SAP note describes differences between "kernel saposcol" in older releases and saposcol in SAP Host Agent:

2180367 - How to run saposcol OS collector correctly

Regards,
Alwina

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAPHOSTAGENT package, comprising saphostexec, saphostctrl, sapacosprep, sapcontrol  and other binaries,  works with the Adaptive Computing Controller to allow scripted shutdowns, start ups, and virtual host moves from one physical server to another. 

It also allows SAP systems or system components to be stopped and started by means of the SAP management Console.

You configure the SAP host agent to enable the start and stop of services on every computer system, and monitor the status of computer systems

You can read more details in OSS Note 1031096.

Regards

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

Please go through below link

SAP Host Agent - SAP Library

In simple words SAP host agent monitors Operating system, and supplies this info to SAP instance.

In earlier release it was know as SAPOSCOL i.e. operating system statistics collector used by SAP for further reporting/actions... etc.

Regards,

Prithviraj.

0 Kudos

Hi Thank you Osvaldo for your response,

Actually i have gone through that but couldn't understand much, so i posted here.

very greatful if explained in simple terms.

Best,

bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI.

OK.

Sapsoscol is a service / program that runs in every sap system that collects OS system metrics, like:

• Usage of virtual and physical memory
  • CPU utilization
  • Utilization of physical disks and file systems
  • Resource usage of running processes

In SAP, you can see these metrics in TCODE: ST06

As for SAP Host Agent, it is also  used to do system monitoring, database monitoring, system instance control and provisioning. We can say that SAP Host Agent replaces SAPOSCOL.

I hope its more clear now

Regards.

Osvaldo Dias Ferreira

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI.

All the info you need about this:

Architectural Overview of SAP Host Agent - SAP Host Agent - SAP Library

Regards.

Osvaldo Dias Ferreira