cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry Image size (external data displayed in HTML field)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't seen any recent posts about the resizing of images to fit within an iOS screen.  I can do Image Capture, store image and upload it to the server, but when I display the image (external data field) in an html field, the image is displayed but not sized to fit the field.    Is there anything I can do to get around this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Heather,

For this particular question, there are two things I know:

1) There is a current feature request for Agentry to do some options to support setting a specific size attributes to an Embedded image control (AG-22867).

There may be some differences in platform. For example if you have an image that is 20x20 and that is looking good in a row that is 20 high in a WPF screen, it would not look goo in a row that is 40 high in an IOS screen.

- Feature Request

~~~~~Example options~~~~~~~~~

( * ) Size automatically
( ) Resize the image to fit within the field area
( ) Size the image to [ ___ ] pixels wide and [ ___ ] pixels high (at [ ____ ] DPI)
( ) Crop the image to fit within th field area

[ x ] Lock the aspect ratio when resizing the image

~~~~~End~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Still in planning.  Not there yet or I do not know if this made the latest SMP 3.0 SDK releases (I cannot see any of the map features right now).  I am pinging project management if they know of the mapped numbers. If I do not update this statement then it is not yet there (or project management did not reply to me).

2) In the Agentry editor Embedded Image has the option "Resize to Fit" and Lock Aspect Ratio.

If this item 2 does not work for your iOS then you may be subject to item 1 above (limitation - feature does not exist yet as item 2 also may require feature 1 to exist on some devices).

Best Regards,

Mark Pe
SAP Platinum Support Engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark-- THanks for the Response!  In my sandbox app... I take a picture and upload it to the server.  when I show that same picture on a "Show image" screen, I use an HTML field to do the display.  Should I be using the external data field?