cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why max. results field does not show up in Account identification search screen

0 Kudos

Hi All,

The account identification  results max hits is set to a value in the back-end configuration. In my case it is 100.

But  if we are trying to  identify an account  for whom we are not aware of its first name and searc...

The reason I am comparing Account identification screen with Agent Inbox search screen is because for both we are setting  a limit to the max hits in the back end.

My questions are :

1) why for Inbox search the user has option to key in results nos where as in identify account not ?

2) In agent inbox even if the max results field is available it  cannot be changed by the end user as it is set in the back end configuration and is restrictive.

3) Is there a way to have the field of max results appear on account identification screen and is it restrictive or user have the ability to increase the max results  if they want to ?

Account Identify search results when searched with first letter of the name :

There is no field of "Maximum number results" as its available in inbox search.

Inbox search results:

"Max number results" field is available but the user does not have flexibility to modify it as the system flips it back to 100 .

Account Identification /Inbox search max hits settings in configuration:

Looking forward to your comments.

Shilpi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kapilpatil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shilpi,

As per my understanding and experience working in SAP CRM over a period of time:

Firstly Account Identification and Inbox are two different features if WEB IC, with respective distinct usages, design and architecture. So, i don't think can be compared.

Secondly, Account identification is the first screen launched while user is logged on. Also, same is used to confirm customer manually and automatically from an inbound call or other means of communication. This make it a business critical screen and should not overloaded based on user intervention, by changing maximum hits for example.

Whereas, Inbox is more of data extraction on request (user action) or configuration. Flexibility is given to view more data.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Kapil