cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identify the next empty row in a table grid

pakula123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, I have a table grid and I would like to populate certain values in a row of a table grid .In my case I can have first 3 rows filled up so I have to populate the fields in 4rth row . I can have any number of rows filled .so how would I know what my next empty row would be ? Kindly suggest .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

clemens_gantert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can test if a cell in a text column only contain underscores ("_"):

if (row[columns.elementAt(0).name] && !row[columns.elementAt(0).name].replace(/_/g, "")) {

break;

}

as suggested by Copying Table data into a variable - SAP Imagineering - SCN Wiki .

Cheers,

Clemens

clemens_gantert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

my suggestion only works for table controls where the rowCount property may be higher than the actual rows with data.

For grid views (ALV) you should be able to use the rowCount property to give you the acual number of rows with data.

Cheers,

Clemens

pakula123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Clemens , My requirement is to populate work order and operation (example 010 or 020)from IW32 to CAT2. In CAT2 there is a grid and there are columns for work order and operation. So basically i captured the work order and operation when i came to CAT2 . Now i see grid can have values starting from 3rd row and if this 3rd row is blank then i need to populate the two values in this 3rd row of gird since its blank. Now i can have a case where 7 th row is blank hence i have to populate there. I am able to capture the values from iw32 but when i came to CAT2 transaction.Here is where the difficulty is ( i have to populate those values  in grid ) . Best regards, pradeep.

clemens_gantert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have to loop through your table until you find the first row with an empty cell value. I used the Total column for a test. The following script worked for me. Please note that I would recommend you use the table.modifyCell() method but it has a bug, so you have to build the cell id and use findById() instead.

var table = session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/subCATS002:SAPLCATS:2200/tblSAPLCATSTC_CATSD");

for (var i=table.firstVisibleRow; i<(table.firstVisibleRow+table.visibleRowCount); i++){

if(table.getCellValue(i, "CATSD-SUMDAYS")=='') {

session.findById("wnd[0]/usr/subCATS002:SAPLCATS:2200/tblSAPLCATSTC_CATSD/txtCATSD-DAY1[7,"+i+"]").text="4";

break;

}

}

Best Regards,

Clemens

pakula123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Clemens, I tried the  logic you gave but works only for few cases .Let me brief you , I have 3 visible rows intially where  0,1 are just empty and i can not enter any values.(its kind of read only and these are blank). In the third row i can enter values (which means not just read only). Basically i can see only 3 rows at any point unless i scroll down . so intially 2 blank rows (read only and then 1 row where i can enter value). The logic you have given works until i have entries up to 5 .which means 0,1 just read only and then 2,3,4 has values . If i set first visible row as 0 then for loop iterates 3 times as visiblerow count  plus visiblerow is ( 3+0 = 3) (first time  0, second iteration 1 and third iteration 2) once this is done then it exits.  i tried using rowcount property instead of table.firstVisibleRow+table.visibleRowCount in for loop ,but it gives me message that rowindex 4  or say 5 is not visible . How can i tackle this problem where i have only 3 visible rows at any given time. Also i tried to use alternative for modify cell and in that case session.findid is having  issue with the i value (as 2 instead of 4  ). This is how the gird is structured : As i scroll down little then i can see 1,2,3 rows instead of 0,1,2. when i scroll further then i can see 2,3,4 instead of 1,2,3 and then i can see 3,4,5 instead of 2,3,4 and so on and so on. I am trying to populate work order and operation from IW32  in CAT2 grid that i just mentioned . This grid have 3 visible rows initially and first 2 rows read only . Kindly suggest . Best regards, pradeep.

clemens_gantert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

as I said GuiTableControl.modifyCell() has defect (for which we will release a fix as soon as possible), so you have to stick with session.findById() for now. The thing to remember with table control is that the IDs of its cell are static and reflect visible layout of the table. In other words if you only have three visible rows, then the row index portion of the IDs will always be 0,1,or 2, no matter what the firstVisibleRow property is. So you have to correct the cell id that you build by firstVisibleRow.

My suggestion is to change your script to do the following:

a) Find the first empty row as outlined above and fill it with the data from the other transaction

b) Increase property firstVisibleRow by one. The system should now append a new row at the end of the  table.

c) Repeat the steps until all data is added.

Best Regards,

Clemens

pakula123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Clemens, Thank you . It worked , I have used the logic you have just mentioned . Awarded you points as well 🙂  . Best regards, pradeep.

clemens_gantert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Glad it worked.

Cheers,

Clemens

Answers (0)