Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acct Grp 0001 vendor has multiple PI but PO creation does not force selection

patrick_farrelly
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We have an account group 0001 vendor set up with a VN and two different PI (remit tos) (call them A and B respectively) maintained at the PORG level.  Each PI is an account group 0004 vendor in its own right, maintained for the same porg with a PI partner as itself.

We create a PO for the account group 0001 vendor and the same PORG. System should not be able to determine the PI partner so it should present a pop up box and require user to select the PI partner.  It is not.

System is assigning  PI partner B without user intervention even though PI partner A is set as a default PI in the vendor master of the account group 0001 vendor.

We have reviewed all partner schemas and "higher level" is set on the PI partner in the schema.  There is no vendor sub range or plant level partner set on the account group 0001 vendor.

What else do we need to check to determine why the system is assigning B without requiring us to choose the remit to vendor (PI)?

Thanks in advance for your time and able consideration.

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check if vendor A is created for the  company code used in the PO, for PI partners it is mandatory to have a valid company org level in the vendor master

patrick_farrelly
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for checking.  I missed checking one thing.  The partner that was not being proposed had a central posting block on it and thus was not proposed.  I am sorry to have troubled you but I appreciate the help.  I will mark it answered.

Answers (0)