Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast values from Legacy to get upload into SAP

former_member222014
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

My client is using non-sap tool for demand planning and arrives  at forecast values for Materials

So we are thinking about options to upload to SAP.

1. Straight away enter as PIR (planned independent requirements.

2. upload forecast values (using Idoc type SOPGEN01) for sale plan or production plan key figures in Standard SOP info structure  for Material level plan (no Product group level) and making use of std SOP functionality as rough cut planning etc and transfer to demand management as PIR.

3. Upload forecast values as Material forecast (upload to Material Master) and copy to Standard SOP. But I come across some threads in SCN, we can only copy from material forecast in case of flexible planning , we can not copy from Material forecast to Std SOP plan.

Please share your thought which would be right approach and provide some thought about doing so.

Thanks

Nag

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member222014
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

can I have some inputs here...

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Nag

The easiest way to do it is to uploading data directly to demand management.

If you are planning to SOP, for example, you will end up transferring the forecast to demand management, so that they are relevant to MRP. So if you are not actually using SOP to create an integrated sales and production plan, then you can skip SOP and transfer those values directly to demand management.

If you choose this option, the easiest way to do it is creating a custom program to call BAPIs BAPI_REQUIREMENTS_CHANGE and BAPI_REQUIREMENTS_CREATE.

BR
Caetano

former_member222014
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

Thanks for sharing your views and we are also thinking to directly upload in terms of PIR (demand Management) ,

Can you please let me know is it possible to copy Material forecast values (Material Master) to Standard S&OP planning. I tried to find it out through SAP Help and checked all ways in SAP system.

But could not..

Regards

Nag