cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

print button on asp.net crytal report viewer exports the report in .pdf format

Former Member
0 Kudos

print button on asp.net crytal report viewer exports the report in .pdf format instead of showing the printers window.

I am using VS2010 with  Version=13.0.2000.0 of crystal report

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Frequently this is more a function of the browser you're using than of the component itself.  What browser are you testing with?

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same problem With Google Chrome and Mozilla

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look in the properties of the Viewer.  I'm not sure if it's still there but there used to be an option to tell it to use either the PDF or ActiveX print component.  Currently that defaults to PDF because browsers have been updated to by default not trust ActiveX for download.  So, if you change this to ActiveX, you'll get the regular print menu, but only after the ActiveX print component has been downloaded and installed, a process which may be prevented with a network policy from your security folks.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Viewer Print mode is PDF.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's why you're seeing the PDF Export screen - it will export to PDF and you'll print from there.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

from where can i download the ActiveX print component ?

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you change the print mode to ActiveX, it should automatically download and install the ActiveX control - it's part of the SDK when you install it.  Look for (I think) printcontrol.cab.

-Dell