cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Features Guide for ASE16 SP02 PL03

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking for new features guide for ASE16SP02PL03. I am unable to find it in the documentation. Appreciate any help on this!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member89972
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

New features are at SP02 level e.g..

http://help.sap.com/Download/Multimedia/zip-ase1602/SAP_ASE_Whats_New_en.pdf

What is fixed in a later specific patch level PL03 will be in the downloadable software bundle for your OS platform.

HTH

Avinash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188958
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

I don't think there is one.  I generally wouldn't expect one for a PL release because I wouldn't expect much if anything in the way of new features in a PL release, just bug fixes.

Quickly scanning through the list of CRs for PLO3, I only note a few items (more than I expected, really) that look like features, none particularly major.

New feature that implements a lite version of the jconnect stored procedure sp_mda as well as two new utility registered procedures sp_version and sp_charset.

A second parameter 'ftp' is added to textptr() to make textptr() return NULL always for NULL LOB data if this parameter is specified.

Readonly feature is now supported in HADR.

Workload Analyzer Date-Time Adjustment functionality is enabled in this CR. This enables the user to configure the Replay Engine to set the date and time of the replay server to the time at which the capture originally started when the replay begins. It will help eliminate errors or changes in application behavior that would occur if the database server’s time during replay was different from that when the original workload was capture.

The following Abstract Plan enhancements are added. 1) A message, "Optimized using an Abstract Plan (ID : %d).", will be printed when simple AP hints like (use optgoal sap_olap) (use parallel 4) (use fact_table F) in sysqueryplans are reused by queries. 2) When there is no entry for a query in sysqueryplans and plan dump is on, plan hint like (use optgoal sap_olap) (use parallel 4) (use fact_table F) can be saved in sysqueryplans under configuration "abstract plan dynamic replace". 3) When both "abstract plan dynamic replace" and "abstract plan replace" are turned on, "abstract plan replace" will be ignored. The AP in sysqueryplans won't be replaced.

New configuration parameter 'enable delta dump tran' has been added to avoid that two sequential transaction dumps contain duplicate pages. When this option is disabled (the default), every transaction dump contains the log pages from the first log page to the dump instant. When the option is enabled, a transaction dump will contain the pages from the last page included in the previous transaction dump to the dump instant.

A new option WITH COPYONLY=<target_file_path> is added to LOAD DATABASE and LOAD TRANSACTION commands. It allows to extract a DATABASE DUMP or a TRANSACTION DUMP from a storage system and copy it into a local directory.
A new optimization criteria cr789403 is introduced to disable large IN-list materialization to worktable.

Parameterized SQL text with its abstract plan will be saved in sysqueryplans. For example: SQL text is: "select count(*) from sysobjects where id > 10". Parameterized text is: "select count(*) from sysobjects where id > @@@V0_INT". All SQLs with text "select count(*) from sysobjects where id > " will now share the same abstract plan in sysqueryplans. This feature is enabled by Trace flag 16944.
Add configuration parameters 'ase.login.timeout' and 'ase.query.timeout'. This allows the user to configure the login timeout and query timeout if needed. The default for login timeout is 30 seconds. The default for query timeout is 60 seconds.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bret! I was looking for SP02 New Features documentation. I finally got it!