Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales BOM and Material BOM selection through diff process

anand_shukla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

My requirement is we have to use sales BOM in Quotation to get costing.

sales order created with different qty and material BOM created with different quantity.

Now the requirement is Sales BOM should consider only in quotation and sales order.

but when we run MRP with MTO it should consider Material BOM to generate planned order and PR.

Please suggest any solution.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_shukla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Issue has been resolved now,

what i done, i created costing BOM and Material BOM separately so now system consider the costing BOM during the Quotation and during the MRP run system is consider the material BOM to calculate the stock requirement.

Thank you...R.Brahmankar..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_shukla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello R.Brahmankar,

These all configs are already done , but my concern is we have MTO scenario which considers the Sales order and create planned order as per sales BOM currently.

but we want MRP to run for material BOM not as per sales BOM.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What is the selection ID for BOM in OPPQ and selectionh ID should not have the Sale Usage.

Also in OPPQ under BOM explosion tab deactive sales order BOM/WBS BOM active field.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check the item category setting  in VOV7 of quotation used in VA21 for

Structure scope= B   Explode multi-level bill of material and  Application = SD01    Sales and Distribution

So if you have sale BOM with application like SD01 with usage as Sales order only it will explode the quotation and Sales order.

And create production BOM for application PP01 with usage 1.

In Alternative determination you can define the BOM Usage and priority of selection ID for the Application.

Application SD01 is not relevant for MRP explosion.

Check in OS30 PP01 use the selection ID use the 01 production remove the sales BOM selection here.

In OPPQ maintain that selection ID for BOM explosion so only production BOM will get explode here.

Refer consulting SAP note  114506 - How are inactive bills of material exploded.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar