Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Requisitions in opening period

thomas_kund
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I need clarification on Purchase Requisitions in opening period parameter in MD02/MD03.

Suppose for example, opening period (SMK) = 14 and delivery time = 30 days.

What is the horizon for purchase requisitions? Is it material master opening period alone = 14 days? or opening period + planned delivery time = 43 days?

Regards,

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Opening period is maintained in configuration of Schedule Margin Key in your case it is14 days.

Refer SAP help documents

Define floats (scheduling margin key)

Creation Indicator - Carrying Out the Planning Run (PP-MRP-PR) - SAP Library

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

thomas_kund
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear R Brahmanka,

Does it mean If I run MRP today I will get purchase requisitions for requested delivery during today and 14 days from today? And afterwards, I will get planned orders?

Regards,

Thomas

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The opening period for the planned order represents the number of workdays that are subtracted from the order start date in order to determine the order opening date from current date of MRP run

Backward scheduling

Mtl. Av. Date = Requirement date - GR processing time - PDT - Planned processing time - Opening period

Forward scheduling:

Today's date + Opening period + Planned processing time + PDT =  Delivery date

If requirement lies in the opening period and you have an option of “creation of purchase requisitions in the opening period system create procurement proposal in opening period

Best Regards,

R.Brahmanlkar

Shubham1
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello

Kindly refer to SAP note 206666 - MRP control parameters during planning.

An opening period "0" means , with indicator "Create req. order from 2" , PRs can be created only if the opening date is same as planning date.

Now if opening period is 14 days , use MRP controller as "1" - Create PR.

Hope it answers your doubt.

Shubham

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas

The opening period is calculated with the value from the scheduling margin key only. As explained on note 23922, an opening period of 0 days means that, together with the indicator "Create req. order" from "2", purchase requisitions can be created only if the opening date is the same as the planning date.

BR
Caetano

thomas_kund
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Caetano Almeida,

The note does not explain much about the scenario I am asking. Can you please explain according to my scenario?

Regards,

Thomas