SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collective billing vs Joint billing

0 Kudos

Kindly share some business scenarios that explains the difference between the two.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Joint Billing is within a given Contract Account, e.g. A person who has a house and a cottage, and wants one bill.

Collective Invoicing is where you have a parent Contract Account (e.g. MacDonald's Head Office in a region) and has several child Contract Accounts(e.g. in different locations across the region),  In this scenario, the "child" Contract Accounts are not Dunned, and the Parent is responsible for payments.

I hope this helps clarify.

Regards,

Ivor Martin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Joint Billing is within a given Contract Account, e.g. A person who has a house and a cottage, and wants one bill.

Collective Invoicing is where you have a parent Contract Account (e.g. MacDonald's Head Office in a region) and has several child Contract Accounts(e.g. in different locations across the region),  In this scenario, the "child" Contract Accounts are not Dunned, and the Parent is responsible for payments.

I hope this helps clarify.

Regards,

Ivor Martin

srinivasankh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Another scenario for Joint Billing/Invoicing is that, single invoice sent to the customer with dual fuel i.e. one invoice with two billing documents, one for Electric and one for Gas. Single invoice combined for multiple divisions. 

Thanks,

Srini

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,  Thanks for the reply.

In my organization, the example you sited is categorized as 'combined invoice'. I wonder if there is a difference between combines billing and joint billing.

0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

It looks like both are same to me, as in here we use Joint Invoice indicator GEMFAKT field at Contract level to achieve this Joint Invoicing which sometimes referred as Combine Billing or Combine Invoicing.

Thanks,

Srini