Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing EDI Idoc (Outbound)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all,

I have the requirement of sending an idoc through t-code F110 (Automatic payments). [PAYEXT]

In early stages i'm only interested in checking the idoc structure rather than checking if it was sent/received/etc.

Is there a way to handle this? Generating the IDOC with a dummy destination EDI system or something like that?

Thanks in advance,

best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I understand from your message is, you need to know how to acknowledge whether the outbound IDOC sent is received at the third party system, Is my understanding correct?

If yes, refer to the below links for configuring the Acknowledgement messages.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/903a0abc-e56e-2910-51a8-9dc616df5...

Receiving Acknowledgments via EDI (MM-PUR-GF-CON) - ALE/IDoc Interface: Application Scenarios (BC-MI...

5 REPLIES 5

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I understand from your message is, you need to know how to acknowledge whether the outbound IDOC sent is received at the third party system, Is my understanding correct?

If yes, refer to the below links for configuring the Acknowledgement messages.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/903a0abc-e56e-2910-51a8-9dc616df5...

Receiving Acknowledgments via EDI (MM-PUR-GF-CON) - ALE/IDoc Interface: Application Scenarios (BC-MI...

0 Kudos

Hello Thanga,

Thanks for replying, however that's not what i'm interested in testing. I just want to see how the IDOC was elaborated (see it's content). But to configure the F110 T-Code to generate the IDOC I must fill the receiver system info, which i wont have until later.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Try to configure the own system as receiver system, you may get the outbound IDOC as invound IDOC. A bit tricky, but why not?

Regards Clemens

juan_suros
Contributor
0 Kudos

The message type PAYEXT usually corresponds to one of these basic data types:

PEXFI03

PEXR2001

PEXR2002

You can view the definitions of these idoc basic types in transaction WE60.

Is that what you were asking about?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello fernando,

You can do one thing.

create partner profile and rfc between two client in your own SAP landscape.

1. configure first client for outbound idoc.

2. configure second client for inbound idoc.

regards

sunil