cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing/Deleting phrase set-to-attribute assignments?

former_member561828
Participant
0 Kudos

Program RC161AWM (EHS - Specification Database Structure - Settings for Value Assignment - Generate Standard Phrase Sets) will

generate standard phrase sets for all characteristics of data type CHAR 30.

Assistance on this program also indicates that:

If you do not want to generate a phrase set for a characteristic of type CHAR 30, you must delete this assignment in the phrase set-to-attribute assignment after the standard phrase sets have been created.

OK, but I don't see where or how to edit or delete the phrase set-to-attribute assignments.  There is not customization activity.  Also under CG12, its possible to perform Phrase Management.  However, you can't delete a Phrase set or change the phrase set-to-attribute assignment.

Thanks for help in advance,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satya11719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understood from your question you don't want to assign phrase sets for characteristics right ....

1) you can do this from CGAB from deleting edit Phrase Set-To-Characteristic assignment.

2) If you don't want to assign standard phrase sets you don't do adopt standard phrase sets from IMG configuration.

3)Untill unless you wont do adopt stadard phrase sets from IMG, & do CGCZ system wont assign Phrase Set-To-Characteristic assignment.

i think if you assign manually any customized phrase sets in CGAB that's a different story.

if already assigned manually just delete them from CGAB and do adopt standard phrase sets from IMG and do CGCZ match up master data you will get all the standard Phrase Set-To-Characteristic assignment.

I hope this will clarify.

Thanks

Satya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member561828
Participant
0 Kudos

My new understanding is that tcode CGAB exists to edit Phrase Set-To-Characteristic assignment.

Any additional advise is welcome

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Richard

your understanding is correct. Your topic has been addressed many times here. May be checK:

Short story:

1.) you use SAP EHS as it is delivered. If you will set up property tree STANDARD; during this the first report comes in place which will generate "standard phrase set" (and e.g. report symbols as well)

2.) You can check/add etc. then the phrase sets via CGAB

If you e.g. receives content or you get a new adapted STANDARD tree iin your system, you might repeat step 1./ 2.) etc.

If you generate your own classes/Characteristics: same is true. It is important to understand the "CHAR30" story. Any characteristice of type CHAR30 is by SAP default a "Phrase based" one.

C.B.