cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eCATT Scripts for Creating Bussiness Partners

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CRM Experts

Can anyone guide me how to create a eCATT Script for Creating Mass Business Partner (Tcode: BP).

While iam trying to create eCATT i was getting the error: Scripting not permitted on this server

I talked to by Basis team, and they couldnt find flaw with eCATT settings.

Thanks for Reading.

Thanks

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

we have used the Legacy System Migration Workbench (LSMW) to create Business Partners in our system. It was hard work but finaly it worked perfect.

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

Can you please tell me how did you create Business Partners using LSMW. Actually I am trying to create them using BAPI_BUPA_CREATE_FROM_DATA. But there I couldn't find any option to populate Employee data for Business Partner.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Deepti

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepti,

unfortunately my colleague did all the Business Partner creation. I will ask him on friday.

Regards

Gregor

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deepti,

probably this discussion helps you:

Regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepti, since you are refering to employees you need another BAPI to fulfill your needs. A similar question was posted in this thread I believe. But have a look at 'BAPI_BUPA_FS_EMPLOYM_ADD', this should deliver you the functionality to create employees correctly in stead of business partners. Kind regards, Tiest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

Thanks for All your Responses and keen intrest in Solving this.

Let me eloborate on issues i have with Catt Scripts.

I need to setup Customer Interaction Center users (CIC). These Users login through a URL (web interface), for setting up these users i need to first create an User ID and assign this User ID to Sales Codes using BP tcode. Then i should also assign these user to Structural Authorization (or) IC Structure to provide job position specific authorizations in PPOMW tcode.

While Using BP Tcode i need to search With Sales code in BP and assign this sales code to user ID in Particular BP Screen. I have approximately 3500 users for Go-live.

If i can Figure out this then i would be able to complete only 2 steps. As the 3rd step involves search and assign operation i would have to do this manualy.

Coming to System settings i have check the above mentioned setting and they are good. I have even provided all the required auth for running eCATT. I had the Tech ED Manual we talked about in these Thread and it took me to only a certain stage.

Thank you anyway for Reading this.

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas, this is a much more complex issue then I previously had imagined. I am wondering in general whether a Catt script can help you executing these tasks in an automated manner. Exspecially the assignment of the user to a Org. Tree Position seems to me very difficult. I would think you have to assign these users manually and then run a script to complete the process, is this a valid option? Tiest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont belive i could do it for Org structure assignment.

But I'm Confident that we can do eCATT for Assigning sales Codes to User ID's in BP Tcode.

Need to Figure out.

Thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas, please more details on what you would lik to achieve. I believe I can help you but what exactly do you mean with 'Assign sales codes to user ID's in BP? Please explain, are you trying to assign users to sales area structures (Sales Org, Distribution Channel, and Division)? Tiest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is to setup CIC users. All the user who would be accessing the CIC are TELESALES AGENTS. For provideing CIC access to Telesale end user we need to perform a series of steps to ensure all the order transactions made by agents are maped to salesareas and profitcenters.

When an Sales Agent is to be created he would need to be linked to salescodes. Functional Team Set's up a sales code and map it profit centers in R/3 and this sales code data would be replicated from R/3 to CRM.

In CRM(CIC) for Setting up a End user i need to perfrom 3 steps. The inputs i have for setting up the user is (User ID,Sales Code, User Job Position)

1. create a user ID using su01 with required roles.

2. In Tcode:BP (business partner) i need to search with the sales code and assign the USER ID to sales code.

3. Using Tcode:PPOMW assign the USER ID to the Job Position (or) Company Hirearchy (or) Org Structure.

I want run eCATT to complete the step 2. The process involved is.

1. Execute BP screen

2. Enter Salescode in feild "BusPartner"

3. Click Start

4. You will find the one bus partner details that i replicated from R/3.

5.Double click on the details shown in the Rectangle below the start button.

6. select "Identification" TAB

7.you will find a blank Feild in Employee data / USER

8. input the user ID.

9.save

These are the process steps i need to recored for step 2.

Thanks you for spending time on this.

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I don't see any reason why the procedure you described shouldn't work with the eCATT SAPGUI command. The original error that you mentioned - "Scripting Not Allowed" - is caused by SAP GUI Scripting being switched off on either the eCATT system, the application system, or both. You need to go into transaction RZ11 and make sure that profile parameter sapgui/user_scripting is set to TRUE (upper case!). You don't have to restart the system for the settings to take effect, but you should log off and back on again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Jonathan

As i'm not a basis Guy i did not know this. And my basis team only checked for the Catt script settings and they assumed the same is true for eCATT's Also.

I have just Checked the Parameter Value it set to False, I will get this changed and try run scripts.

Thanks a Million for geting it solved and thanks everyone for Participating. Let me run the scripts and i would post some tips.

Thanks

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope that works now. As a general hint for anyone out there starting to use eCATT - SAP Note 519858 tells you how to set things up and also serves as a useful troubleshooting checklist if things don't work first time.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas, I bet your client setting prevents you from running eCatt scripts. Please check, with the Basis Team, your mandant settings (tcode SCC4). One of these settings determines whether or not you can use eCatt scripts in your mandant, see option 'Restrictions when Starting CATT and eCATT.' Make sure the setting reads: 'eCATT and CATT Allowed.' Hope this answers your question. Tiest.