cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP mobile Documents - status network and classification for documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SCN Team,

I have a question concerning SAP mobile documents compared to SAP EasyDMS.

Work SAP on enhancements for SAP mobile documents to implement additonal functions like status networks and classification for documents and folders like the orignial functions in the DMS for SAP (wether SAP GUI or SAP EasyDMS were used today)?

The general question is, if SAP mobile documents is usable as complete tool for SAP DMS in future, with all relevant functions (like classification, status networks, ...)?

Thank you in advance for your support.

Kind regards

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Mobile Documents to work for SAP DMS, is the target.

easyDMS has many features and you may not find them one to one in SAP Mobile Documents. SAP Mobile Documents will provide modern interface to do you tasks.

What are the most important topics which you like to get working through SAP Mobile Documents first. Pick top 5. Some details on why you think it is important, will also be useful.

Regards, Ashwani Kr Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

thanks for your answer. Please find my feedback to your questions below:

Our important functions for mobile documents:

• Status control: at the moment it is a necessary function for our users, that they can set defined status for documents (release strategy and so on) and see this status in the front end
  • Authorizations: if we use mobile documents as additional tool to easy DMS or as standalone application, we have to different between system and object authorization (ACL) for restricted document access. As additional function the inheriting of authorizations from cProjects to mobile documents (in the PLM integration) has to work like from cProjets to easy DMS
  • Change documents: for support and control functions we need change logs from document changes
  • Version control and version history: for the business the usage of versioning is an important function because of restore from older versions or different between released and versions in work
  • Check in and check out: this should be worked like in DMS today; an checked out document can’t edit by another user; this document must have a symbol for status checked out; at the moment the system create a copy of a document, if this was in work by another person
  • Classification: it is also important for the business for the search and additional project and process information’s

Questions:

• If the integration for PLM is ready for use, it is possible to see directly the document structure from easyDMS for example? It is possible to open documents with a link from easyDMS in mobile documents, if the integration for PLM is finished? How would work the integration in general?
  • What is the reason for the different functions of the different apps for windows, mac or android? I tested all versions and for windows and android I have no chance to create documents directly in the app. For windows I also can’t create folders. For android I can create folders and send a document to the app. For mac iOS and the web app all functions are working…

Kind regards

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

do you have further informations to my questions I asked before?

This was very helpful for me, because we have to clarify if SAP mobile documents is the right additional tool for the usage on the way, if users have no access to easyDMS. So the tools must work together...

Kind regards

Sebastian

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for delay. I somehow missed your earlier reply.

PLM integration can already be done. Check these blogs:

iOS and Android apps have more functions compared to Windows Native app (for phone and tablet). The reason is because those functions have yet to be implemented. We now find very less adoption for Windows Phone and Tablets and hence not putting all functions there. When adoption increases those functions will be put up in Windows Native app also.

For Android App, Office App integration will soon be released. So you can created and edit documents in MS Office apps and save in Android app.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwani,

thank you for your answer. After reading this documentation I have more questions as before:

- It is planned that this app support Blackberry?

- It is possible to open a link from an e-mail to EasyDMS with the app SAP Document Center, because with EasyDMS is a usage of mobile clients not possible?

- Do you have documents with a complete overview about the functions with explanations of the PLM integration?

- It is necessary, that we create for all users an cloud account? Is the HANA Cloud Connector needed, or can we use our content server for the connection? If we need the HANA CLoud Connector, will the documents rootet over the cloud to our content server?

- Is the installation from SAP Document Center on the application necessary?

- Is the installation of the JAVA server necessary or have we other opportunities to use our content server?

- Do you have a complete configuration guide with further explanations how to and why and not only make this and make this...?

This were many questions and if you want we can make a telco/web session next Monday or Thuesday with our customer!?

Kind regards

Sebastian

former_member186016
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

- No support for blackberry planned because there is no pull from customers.

- We have concept of URL schema for each document on easyDMS. If these links are shared in email, it will open in SAP Document Center\SAP Mobile Documents app.

- As i mentioned the PLM integration is ongoing with more scenario supported with time. If you are looking for a particular scenario, please share.

- Yes installation of SAP Document Center is required. If you using cloud, you don't have to bother about the landscape (java\abap etc.). For onPremise Java stack (NW Jave) is required.

I have shared this discussion with experts and product management from SAP. They will also give you more detailed response and can setup meetings accordingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for the answer.

For our customer it would be very important that this app supported also Blackberry.

To the concept of URL: the URLs from easyDMS and Document Center are different. Do you convert the URL, if I'll open the easyDMS link from a mail in Document Center?

It is possible to setup a meeting with you, the product management from SAP and the responsible of this topic from the customer site?

Kind regards

Sebastian

Message was edited by: Jens Koster