SAP for Chemicals Discussions
Ignite conversations about maximizing efficiency, enhancing safety, and innovating in the chemicals industry with SAP. Start a discussion today.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chemical structure search

business
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

We're looking for a tool that will allow users to draw chemical structures and find similar molecules stored in a Hana database. The structure search on the ChemSpider site is a good example of what I mean.

Does anyone know if this functionality is being developed either by SAP or a partner ?

Thanks

Richard

2 REPLIES 2

MarkoLange
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I do not think (I am at least not aware) that there are any developments ongoing in this regards. Given that SAP HANA is increasingly used in chemicals R&D it is definitely an intersting case you are bringing up but at the time being not on SAP´s roadmap and therfore a good opportunity for any partner.

Kind rgds

Marko

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Richard

we have lots and lots of specialized databases and other approaches out there in this context.

More or less: in my opinion a question how to link S/4 HANA to other database and may be "collect/ Manage" only "key words which you can search for with link to respective data base in which you will find the structure. With "TREX" search option and other "old" solutions something similar is possible.

at least: in EHS classic you can manage formulas etc. ; and what can managed can be searched for

So let us wait. If S/4 HANA is ready; then you could used the "identifier" for your research. Here you can as well link documents (structure graphics).

This is a good approach. But clearly others are possible as wel..

C.B: