cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nakisa Orgchart 4.0 able to custom Styles?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have got requirement from customer. They need to adjust the a number of box per column in Combined Orgchart style. Because when they print organization unit which has many positions under it. There will compress overall chart to fit on one page but not able to see details in each box.

They need to print out within 1 paper  (A4 size).  I'm not sure is there has any configurable like Council Configuration (which has a maximum number of boxes per column) ? If it not, can it was done by customization? Please tell me which XML files should be used for this case.

Currently, I saw that the system displays 5 boxes per column. But they need to display more as following capture screen.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try amending the value for dropdownlimit in ~\AppResources\styleconfiguration\combined center.xml within your build .delta (add the file in from your base build as necessary).  Looking at your mock-up you want to set the value as 8.

That property looks like a good candidate for controlling how many boxes down OrgChart goes on that layout style before starting the next column.  Remember to republish the build, close browsers, etc. to test it out.  If that doesn't work I've got a couple of other ideas you could try.

Let us know if amending that property works for you.

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I change the value for dropdownlimit to be 8 but it still not works.

Kindly suggest, Thank you.

<style>

<caption key="Chart_CombinedCenter"><![CDATA[]]></caption>

<style><![CDATA[horizontal-vertical]]></style>

<dropdownlimit><![CDATA[8]]></dropdownlimit>

<buttonposition><![CDATA[down]]></buttonposition>

<linestart><![CDATA[down]]></linestart>

<lineend><![CDATA[left]]></lineend>

<xoffset>6</xoffset>

<yoffset>3</yoffset>

<nodestartxoffset>0</nodestartxoffset>

<showfirstline>True</showfirstline>

<firstlinestartoffset>0</firstlinestartoffset>

<startoffset>0</startoffset>

<endoffset>0</endoffset>

</style>

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There's another property that might be a good candidate for affecting the layout.  This time it would be an amendment to orgchartconfiguration\OrgUnit.xml.  There's a <gridsize> property that's defaulted to 5.  Maybe an increase in that will affect the layout?  I think there was a better chance of the previous setting being the one, but even though it is grid rather than say depth it is at least worth a try I think.

Failing that I sometimes resort to a bit of a "cheap trick" on exports.  Rather than exporting as A4, choose a larger paper size (e.g. A3 or custom) and then either get the printer/driver software to auto-shrink the size down to A4 or use a PDF printer (e.g. CutePDF) to shrink it down onto A4.  Not an ideal approach as it is a bit fiddly but might work for you in case you need a workaround.

Another option which again is probably more of a workaround is that in the latest version of OrgChart Nakisa have restored the option to export to PowerPoint as SmartArt.  This means that you could auto-generate a slide with hierarchical boxes on it and then adjust the sizing and layout to suit your immediate needs.  Again fiddly and not ideal but another option for a workaround.

Beyond the above I don't think anything else comes to mind in how to get the content onto A4 without changing which layout style being used or losing readability.  However if there are any other constraints to consider or discard there could be more options or others may well have some ideas I've not considered.

Hope the above helps.

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I just re-upload the build again and It's working now!

Thank you so much for your suggestion.

Answers (0)