Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job terminating after sometime due to RFC Communication Failure

sksaxena
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am facing a scenario in which I am extracting data from BW system and loading to Oracle. It has 4-5 left joins. Left table has 1.7 million rows.

I have up and running RFC connection and the job execution starts properly. Problem is that it loads only 6 lakh records in approx 1300-1400 secs and then terminates. It gives the RFC Communication Failure error after loading particular no. of records or after running for a particular period of time. I am confused on this. Tried searching on google but my error is nowhere mentioned.

I need some urgent help on this. Please give your inputs. It would be highly appreciated. Here's the error :

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Samarth

You need to define the joins very carefully in the data flow when you are using SAP Tables. Check if ABAP team can write a Function to call the data from SAP. You can use this function in BODS by passing a parameter

Can you paste the screenshot of the data flow. Also try changing the Left otuer join to Inner join wherever possible. There must be some business crtieria to define the join as left outer join.

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't extract and transform directly in BW. First extract the data from BW and load into BODS staging table, then apply your join logic with join rank. It should work.

Also check in the option "Run Join as a seperate process" in query transforms advance Tab.