Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Gain Lose While payment in a third currency

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have company code currency as PKR now we have a bank account operated in Dubai. House bank is being created in SAP and currency is defined as AED for its account ID as well as Its GL accounts. Considering this i have a vendor who's invoice was booked in USD and now i am about to make the payment using the AED bank account and there has also been a unfavorable exchange rate shift. Now as per my understanding system should calculate exchange rate lose when making the payment because i have to pay more as compared to what i would have paid if there was no shift in FOREX. But system is not calculating the difference instead it over rights the exchange rate maintained in OB08 with one it calculates it self which results in exact same amount in local currency as of the invoice. which is not right. Can some one please shed some light on it.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Faizan.

A set of circunstances can cause the problem.

To be more assertive it would require more details and also it depends on wich transaction you're using to post the payment.

If you are using manual payment (F-53), check wich currency you are using in it. Also if you are using an specif exchange rate on screen.

In F-53, if no specific currency is used, the system uses the company code currency as default. If you are using AED, please check wich exchange rate exists in OB08 from AED to PKR.

(For booking invoice, also check USD to PKR, but I think this is not the cause).

Also verify if, in vendor line item, is there any specif payment currency that would affect system bahaviour.

In OB08, in some projects, the IMG for Exchange Rate Type left "inverse flag" in blank. This cause the requirement to maintain the OB08 duplicated: AED -> PKR and PKR -> AED. In this case, maybe the system is using a parity different than you want.

One last one: in OB08 check if there is some exchange rate in red color. This means that you have exchange rates in OB08 but the system are not using it in face of validity date of indirect/direct quotation (maybe a problem in customizing).

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Nilton Duque.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Might be related to * used in the amount field

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Its been resolved.. It was just a processing method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a manuel exchange rate assigning on the document?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Faizan.

If you are using F110 to do the payment, I believe that solely currency in house bank and in account will not determine the currency for F110 routine.

In this case, try to determine AED as diff.currency for payment in the vendor line before F110 execution.

Just to mention: a good idea for testing before the complex test with F110 is also make a manual payment with F-53 just to avoid problems with OB58 and its customizing.

The use of F-58 or F-59  is a little bit different.

Best regards,

Nilton Duque.

former_member188063
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the validity date and warning message long text as well.

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Already checked there no warning message text other than what i have mentioned above.

former_member188063
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you've maintained E/R gain and loss accounts in transaction -OBA1 transaction key KDB.

Please check and maintain.

Regards,

Sudhakar*

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The issue is not with Posting the exchange rate Gain/Lose. Its the calculation of exchange gain lose. the system is not using the exchange rate maintained in OB08 instead it gives a warning message that Exchange rate calculated differs from that maintained in header by "X" percentage and then used the system calculated exchange rate due to which there is no exchange rate gain or lose.