cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Administration Client Action Pane Manage Links not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in the process of upgrading from BPC 7.5 Microsoft to 10.1 Microsoft and have run into an issue with the administration client.

None of the links on the action pane for the admin client are working after the upgrade.

We originally thought this was an office 365 issue however we are getting the same issue after installing office 2007.

Is anyone aware of what might be causing this?  We have an open ticket with SAP but have not had much help.

There seems to be a white box/button around the links which have not been there in the past.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

april_shultz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Richelle,

Do not install 10.1 on top of what was already installed. Make sure that you uninstall the previous version and all folders are deleted, then install the correct version.  You may want to review chapter 4 of the 10.1 install guide to be sure everything is correct given 10.0 was installed.

The developer had requested a session with your 3rd party consultant. However what your consultants described in the incident is different from what you describe here. You should speak to your 3rd party consultant about joining that sessions so you all are on the same page and have a productive meeting.

Thanks

April

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi April,  I did a full uninstall and reinstall of the admin consol.

It looks like the white boxes was related to an old PC_MS folder from 7.5 that we were able to get rid of.

I think the ticket our third part has may be more related to the secondary issues that we have going on that that the admin client was not working with office 365 without office 2007 also being installed.

My machine now has admin client 10.1.4 (Same as server version)

Office 356 and Office 2007

I can now use the links on the action pane menu....but they stop working if we uninstall office 2007.

april_shultz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

So you guys have 10.1 on the app server but are running 10.0 SP11 for the admin console?

That is a problem because the admin console 10.0 SP11 does not support Office 365 also the admin console version should match the BPC application server version. 

Please upgrade your admin console to 10.1 and the same SP level as the app server.

I just pulled up your incident and it is with our developers and they have replied to you on April 29th and did not hear back. They also responded on May 2nd, and  May 6th with no response back. The incident has been in customer action since April 29th.

Once you upgrade the admin console accordingly please put the status of your issue in your incident.

Thanks

April

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi April,

Thank you for the feedback!  I'm working with a third party contractor and the ticket is open in their name.

I just updated to 10.1.4 and am having the same issue.

I'll try to get the consultants to update the incident report.

april_shultz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

What SP for 10.1 is installed for the admin console? Open the admin console and don't login you will see the version.

When you say none of the links even if you try to process a dimension, add a dimension ETC?

What is your incident number with support?

Thanks

April

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi April,

Looks like we have release 10.0.11.0 for the admin client

Correct, none of them work.  When you click on them nothing happens at all.

Our incident number is 242714

former_member244885
Participant
0 Kudos

I've seen those white button styles when launching BPC10.1, but referencing a 7.5 PC_MS folder.  Try deleting your PC_MS folder. 

In our environment we log in through citrix and use folder redirection.  This results in referencing the same PC_MS folder whether a user is running 7.5 or 10.1.  (It's really annoying that this happens).  Anyway when switching between versions, we have to manually delete the PC_MS folder every time.