cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAXParserFactory argument missing

deborah_tolley2
Explorer
0 Kudos

In my Alert Summary, under System Alerts, being notified that my APS.DF is triggering an alert because:

APS with a DSLBridge service is missing the command line argument "-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl"

But, the APS.DF doesn't contain the DSLBridge service, it only contains Data Federation Service and TraceLog Service.

The DSL Bridge Service is under the APS.WebIDSLBridge and the referenced argument is included in the command line for that server.

So, wondering what is triggering this message?  Is a DSLBridge service covertly bundled into the DF Service?

Platform Support Tool version 2.0.3

BI 4.2 SP02

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

joshua_kuhn
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deborah,

Sorry for the delay.  I was able to look into the code for the system alert and everything is analyzed correctly.  The problem is actually in the alert message.  That system alert looks for the command line: "-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl", and does so for the Data Federation service... not the DSL Bridge service.  If the cmdline is missing for any server that has a DF service, it'll trigger the alert.  In your case, the alert is valid, just incorrectly worded.

I'm checking in a fix now for this under BITBITOOL-899 and it'll be included in patch 4.

Regards,

Joshua

0 Kudos

Hi Joshua,

note 2288971 only refers to the DSL Bridge service, not the DF service

are there two checks , one for DF and one for DSL ?

This alert triggers if any APS with a Data Federation service is missing the command line argument "-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl".

Please refer to the SAP Note 2288971

Regards,

Thierry

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

JohnClark
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is there a way to be notified when the KB Article is updated?  I don't see a following option when looking at it.  It looks like we will need to make this change also and it would be nice to have a copy of the corrected KB article available for proper reference.

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hey John,

This should be fixed today I'll post back asap and update you on this.

Thanks

Toby

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry,

Ok, I've confirmed that the KB Article is correct.  This switch:

"-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl"

is required only for APS running the DSL Bridge and not required for APS running the Data Federation service.

However, it shouldn't cause a problem if you added the switch to Data Federator APS, you can remove it again (if there is no DSL Bridge also on this APS). 

Thanks for your patience and for pointing this out.

This alert will be corrected again in the next patch (Patch 5)

Regards
Toby

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry,

Ok, I've confirmed that the KB Article is correct.  This switch:

"-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl"

is required only for APS running the DSL Bridge and not required for APS running the Data Federation service.

However, it shouldn't cause a problem if you added the switch to Data Federator APS, you can remove it again (if there is no DSL Bridge also on this APS). 

Thanks for your patience and for pointing this out.

This alert will be corrected again in the next patch (Patch 5)

Regards
Toby

joshua_kuhn
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry everyone for the confusion.  Internally we've gone back and forth a few times on the Alert, each time adjusting it to match the Kbase.  As Toby said, the DSLBridge service is the one that SHOULD have this cmdline argument and I've just adjusted the code to match.

The change has been checked in under Jira#  BITBITOOL-967

Regards,

Josh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

joshua_kuhn
Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting. That one hasnt been reported yet. I'll look into it and let you know tomorrow.

regards,

Joshua