Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEBI Report run time increased after Migration from XI R2 to 4.0

former_member190722
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have recently migrated the reports from XiR2 environment to BO4.0 environment.

But the WEBI reports are taking longer time to run in 4.0 compared to XIR2.

eg: A report that takes 3 minutes to run in XIR2 are taking 10 minutes in BO4.0

Please note that data source for these reports are not changed in 4.0, and they all are pointing to Universes with datasource as Oracle.

The reports were migrated using UMT

Any reason for this performance deterioration?

We were expecting improvement in performance after moving to 4.0 but it has happened the other way .

Regds,

Samson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member205194
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samson,

If your queries have been answered, kindly request you to mark the answer as closed

Thanks !

Regards,

Monish

former_member205194
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samson,

Check out the SAP note : 1705161 - Parameter Array Fetch Size of universe connection changed to 1 after migrating by Import Wizard from previous version to BusinessOjbects Enterprise XI3.1

This is a known behavior when migrating a universe from BO XIR2 to BO 3.1

It was expected to get fixed in SAP BO 3.1 SP6

Did not get any relevant details regarding BI4.0 though.

It seems that manually modifying the parameter was the only way out here.

Hope this helps !!

Regards,

Monish

0 Kudos

Hello,

glad that your problem has been fixed. Please draw some attention to your Version. SAP BI 4.0 is already out of support. I highly recommend that you update to the latest Version which is SAP BI 4.2 SP02. Prio of doing this please check if your Oracle DB is still supported on SAP BI 4.2 SP02.

I cannot promise but when updating to the latest Version the chances are pretty high that the Performance of your reports will increase.

Regards

-Seb.

former_member190722
Participant
0 Kudos

The root cause has been identified now.

The issue was that the ARRAY FETCH SIZE of the connection was reset to 1 in 4.0 after migration.This happened for all the connections(75 connections)

In XiR2, it was configured at 250.

We had to manually modify the ARRAY FETCH SIZE in 4.0 for all the 75 connections and then performance was back to normal.

Any pointers on why the ARRAY FETCH SIZE got reset?

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Samson,

It sounds like your BI 4.0 Servers are NOT sized properly.   Any reason why you DID NOT migrate to BI 4.2 ?  With BI 4.2 w/ SP2 you would get parallel Query refresh for relational DB, See below

What is you BI 4.0 Server Sizing:

How many users on system ?

Typical report size and refresh time?

Your BI 4.0 Server should be min 4-CPU with 64Gigs of memory, good starting point for 20+ users.

Regards,

Ajay

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Couple of things you can look.

XIR2 and BI4.0 architecture is different. So if you don't have any enough memory in BI 40 servers, it may not perform well. So please check the specs of servers.

And also make sure you split the APS using system configuration wizard.

former_member190722
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jawahar,

APS is already split in 4.0 environment.

"So if you don't have any enough memory in BI 40 servers, it may not perform well. So please check the specs of servers"

I am not clear on this as i am from Development background.Could you provide more information on how do i check the memory of BOservers?Are you talking about the RAM of server?

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes RAM on server.