Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scorecard "Select Date" Control on Authorization

muhammadalimohsin
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is it possible to restricted the users based on the authorization for "Select Date" on Scorecard (The Month and Year coming in this option).

E.g.

User 1 -> Should see Data in Scorecard till March 2016

User 2 -> Should see Data in Scorecard till June 2016

Thanks & Regards

Mo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182649
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mo,

I can't see a direct way you could do this as the setting for the scorecard as at date is controlled by the LATESTDATE document in PAS and there is only one per model.

Even if you put security on data in PAS so that the model connection used by User 1 restricted the data to March 2016 that would just mean an empty scorecard because the LATESTDATE would still be June 2016!

If your concern is that you want to set up a system of data validation before publication to the wider audience then I would suggest using your QA system or a separate identical scorecard database for this where the data can be checked by a key validation team. The data would be loaded into the 'validation' PAS model and then once through that process the 'validated' model can be connected over to the production scorecard.

Regards

Colin

muhammadalimohsin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Colin,

The scenario as you mentioned is a validation team wants to check before it is published to highest management. There are different scenarios in my mind how to achieve that but best was to control the date part. Yes the LATESTDATE document in PAS has one value and it can be one as per model.

What i was thinking was that even if LATESTDATE is Set to June 2016 and User A can see data as per June 2016 but User B should see data till March 2016 only. Although he might be able to select the date June 2016 but it would show him blank. When validation is done, the User B Date access can be removed and then the User B can see the data till June 2016.

The option you mentioned if i correctly understand is that the Production server PAS model is connected to a QA system scorecard and when the validation is done, the Production PAS is connected to Production Scorecard.system. - This would not be fesible because during validation time the Production Scorecard would be down and if management wants to see the historic data, they will not be able to.

Other option is that we can make multiple models in Production PAS and copy from one model to another after the validation is done. But this way we would require to make a new context (copy of original). The problem would be we would loose the track of comments that have been passed during validation process.

Regards

Mohsin

former_member182649
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mohsin,

What I am suggesting is that you populate the model with the latest data and make that available somewhere for validation, whether on QA or via another system database that only the validation team could see. The production server would still be live with the existing data.

Once the validation team has completed their work you then copy the PAS model over to the production server which now has the latest validated/corrected data. Any comments made in the validation process could be held in that other location, ready for the next cycle and available for viewing.

Many, many moons ago a similar process was used when PAS was being used in a BI format in a department store that wanted to see multiple updates of trading during the day. The latest data was  loaded into a background PAS model and then at given times during the day the background model that had the more recent data was switched to the production server while another PAS model started loading in the background. The most recent completed PAS model was continuously available on the production server.

Regards

Colin

Answers (0)