Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSO- how to book the single Curriculum in the curriculum type

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

i need the help of booking the single curriculum in the curriculum  below is the my scenario

created the Course types  B1D1(Course Type) which consists of single course  with going to schedule in mid of the current month.

which having the following Properties

1)  delivery method is - Classroom booking

2)  Business Event info - Bookable as part of the Curriculum

with this i am creating the course for any respective date 

please refer the same

1)

like this i created the  Course type as B2D2 and with same parameter as above,  this should be booked as part of the course ( Single) 

like this i created the Virtual Training  for this i given  as independent training ( for this no dependency with Curriculum)

3)

4)

ji am Clubbing the  above mentioned course types in one curriculum, ( 2 are depends each other, 1 is independent) 

From the portal i am able to apply this independent,  when i am trying to book the Curriculum elements system shows error, (since first 2 are dependant each other) 

now how when i am trying to book the course from R/3 system is  allowing for entire course.

my question is how do i book only for independent course. either virtual or classroom booking.

i want book the course only for the above not for the 3rd one for set of employees. but system is taking for all the curriculum not allowing for book independent course

and at same time if i want to cancel the participation for 3rd course  system taking all the course (since it was booked as it is )

how to over solve this, i want to book the course single courses which are independent

regards

Ravindra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Any Luck ?

Regards

Ravindra

Sharon_Newton
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ravindra,

I am not clear on what you are trying to accomplish but perhaps this will help:

1. A curriculum is how SAP represents blended learning.  Therefore, a person must book to all courses (except 'alternative' courses - more on that later) in the curriculum.

2. If courses are only bookable via a curriculum, you can't book them individually.

3. If courses are bookable outside a curriculum, you can book them separately, either via the Portal or LSO_PSV1.  The curriculum will not recognize the individual booking - it's not part of the 'blended learning' event.

4. If you want to have an option for some courses in a curriculum, you can set up courses as 'alternatives' - e.g., take 'Course A WBT' or 'Course A ILT'.  However, only the Administrator can select from the alternatives - the option is not given to the Learner (or at least, in the past it was not.  I haven't looked at system in a few years.)

5. Your 'partial' cancellation should allow you to cancel someone out of part of the curriculum.  They should not receive credit for the curriculum but will receive credit for the courses completed in it.

6. Course Programs may support your needs - it sequences courses but does not require booking to the course program (you subscribe to it) and it recognizes courses booked directly (outside the course program object.)

Also - I noticed you do not have LSO fully activated.  I can tell because the 'create course type' screen you have in your screenshots shows 'business event type'.  It should read 'course type'.  Please run LSO_ACTIVATE again.

If you have more specific questions, I will try to answer. 

Good luck and regards,

Sharon

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

after selecting the book list i am getting the screen, from here i want to select which is indipendent that only i want to select from here i was struc, and if want to book the (E- Course ) is that the processs?? explain me

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've worked on TEM and not LSO. But you can try this - using tcode LSO_PSV1, search for the course type, not curriculum type. Then drill down to find your course. Right click and book from here.

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Tania,

this one i already tried its working, and system is not updating the to EC side ( it will be in linked to object E only)  i want to book the Curriculum type (EC),  i saw this option in hr270 book, but its not allowing the same.

Regards

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

So to verify that I understand you correctly, you want the employee to be booked to the curriculum but only to certain courses of that curriculum?

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes since it is combination of all types ( some of them part of curriculum, some of them for absent/failed  static content - individual booking allowed.) if i wan to take the report how many are there first time, multiple times i can find in particular EC.

i have one more query for you,

in course time is mon-friday ( 5 days ) in morning session i have 2 session ( 90 mins  each) with 15 mins Tea break, and in Evening session also same 

how do i  create the Day segment for this. all the courses are conducting in same room, but they want to keep the track of session wise how to create the  time schedule  please suggest.

regards

Ravindra

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Any help ........

regards

Ravindra

patrickfeeney
Explorer
0 Kudos

"Re: List of SAP Learning Solution Transactions Hi All how to create the object EK ( Course Program),  and i have query i was posted in SDN, will you help me how to go head. http://scn.sap.com/thread/3904536

Regards Ravindra"

Hi Ravindra

In reply to post above, looks like transaction required to create a course program is LSO_PVEK - Course Program

Pat

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the information,  to run this T-code where we need to integrate the (HRLSO-DEFCP)

In T77so, i hope then system will create the  object EK ( course program).

Customizing Delivery Methods in Learning Solution - ERP Human Capital Management - SCN Wiki

will you help me below issue i really struck here.

1) can i have any document for proceed further for my question. how to independent course (E)  in curriculum ,

2) in Sequence Rules we need to if we add the course ( either single classroom element, or WBT element) will the system allow us to book the course. you can refer the screen shots above

3) if i keep the courses which were not linked to any course curriculum (EC) ( i mean who ae fialed in previous attempts they need to pass this time). where shall i keep.

4) and how do i follow - up the entire activity  once completed by users prefectly.( i  mean only sequence elements)

regards

Ravindra

patrickfeeney
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra

Sorry, but you already know far more than I do about curriculum creation, I'm just about to attempt to create one for the first time, so you're already miles ahead of me.

Cheers

Pat

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Any update or any clue

Regards

Ravindra

0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

Do I understand correctly that you want to book certain elements from the curriculum separately.

The system allows you to book individual elements if they are 'bookable individually'.

You have given a lot of information but I'm still not clear on your query.

Kind Regards,

Arpita

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arpita,

Thanks for the Reply,  please check the screen shot 

PIC-01

PIC-02

From the pic 1, Employee book means is a part of the Entire Course Curriculum,

now  if i want to book the course which was individual  in Part 5

1)  from ECC  System is not allowing to book ( Stating that Curriculum type is part of the curriculum )

yes its part of the curriculum but i want to book from ECC since it individual course  how to over come this

2) if a book all the Curriculum ( from portal  to individual course-- either virtual or classroom)  how to cancel his participation,  system is showing same error.

( 1 ) if some body who are not qualified  step1 - they need to register same and qualify

( 2) if they absent for the course i need to cancel  his participation for the same.

hope you got the idea   how to over come this.

regards

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you attach a screenshot of the error message when you try to book a person to the Part 5 course?

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if trying to book any of the course system is taking for all the coursers. when i am trying to cancel the participation  ( first  2 are one set , last one is one set.  - please refer the screen shots

1) 

2)

pic 3)

from here i can't cancel this single event. even though i kept the properties for this course curriculum 

please check this..

regards

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you clarify how you are booking the person to the course?  Are you drilling down the curriculum? Perhaps you can book the person to the course by going to the course directly, not the curriculum.

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tania,

you meant to say we can book the course ( D( Course Type)--->E ( Course) ) -- since it is independent  if we club the multiple D in once DC (Curriculum type )  it generates on EC( Curriculum) which is multiple E which may be as part of curriculum and some of them are independent ).

My objective is - if any of the Participant fails or not fulfils  any one of the course ( like Step12.) then i need to maintain separate course with then to book like independent for them ( those entries i will maintain manually) which will be one more curriculum type (DC)

please clarify me.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can directly go to the course and book. You can do this through the same menu.

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

with reference to below screen shot, item 1 and 2 are part of curriculum item 3 is individual element  if i trying to book item 3  system is not allowing for the same. i need to book for all.

please check this.

regards

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you get to this screen?