cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC MS 10.0 SP20 installer crashes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am doing an install of BPC MS 10.0 SP20 in a multiserver environment via remote desktop access, but after the 'assign file and data path' step, the installer crashes with the following error:

Error Number: 0x80040706

Description: Object reference not set

Setup will now terminate

Application Server Info:

Windows Server 2012 R2

MSXML 4.0 SP2

.NET 4.5

Microsoft AntiXSS 4.2.1

Please advise,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

april_shultz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas

As for if .NET 4.5 is compliant please review SAP KB 1678822 you will see that it references note 14 so scroll to the bottom of the KB for note 14 and see the hyperlink.

For the above error anytime a customer gets that error the solution Roberto provided 1866087 has always helped.  If you have done this and are still having an issue then maybe the problem is your MS installer.

The error you are getting is actually an MS installer error. Are you able to install other software? Try installing office or somthing else just to test. Windows 2012 R2 should have MS installer 5.0 check to see if that is still the version and not replaced.  You can check it by opening a command prompt and typing MSIExec it will give you the version and all.   Also take a look at the operating system event logs application, system and security to see if anything gets generated.

April

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seemed to be an issue with the .NET version and I had the IT team prep the server according to note 14. The installer runs perfectly now

Thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

please verify that all you sw are compatible with your bpc version and sp 1678822 - BPC 7.0 / 7.5 / 10.0 / 10.1 for Microsoft: Third Party Software Support Matrix , for your issue probably you just need to update the temp and tmp variables, see please 1866087 - Setup will now terminate when installing BPC MS Server component

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Roberto,

I tried to change the enviromental variables as described in 1866087, but unfortunately, my installer still crashes (same error, same place in the flow)

All software on the server should be compliant with the SP20 I am trying to install, except for .NET. The installed version is .NET 4.5 server, and it is unclear in the matrix if it is compliant. Can you clarify whether that is the case or not?

Thanks in advance,

Andreas

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

yes 3.5 and 4.5 are required with windows server 2012 follow the sap note linked in local note 14 to see all roles and features required.

Regards

Roberto