Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OLD CRXI RDC

mazzaro_rudi
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hy

i'm using the CRXI and in vb6 the Crystal Viewee Activex with RDC components.

Now I want migrate to new release and reading some sites I understood that RDC is no loger used....

So the solutions are two use .NET or Java, but reading java SDK document and looking at samples I see that is necessary using a Web Browser or do I misunderstand ? In previous version using vb6 was not necessary to use a Web Browser Server and I supposed that with new Crystal was possible to create a java program that uses Crystal Objects to preview report changin db location, fields font, subreport db and so on like in old RDC.

Can someone explain me how it works ?

Thks

Rudi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nick_coppola
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rudi,

I just noticed this post and frankly, I have the same question...

CRXI RDC was retired, as I understand it.  We used it extensively for developing reports on-the-fly in .NET code.  However, we would now like to do the same thing using a supported means.

We are concerned that at some point it will just stop working and when issues occur now, we seem unable to get at the error.

I'm confused by some of what I've read.  Does a .NET solution for assembling reports into a document and managing parameters, connections, etc. exist?  I'm really hoping someone can breakdown what currently exists, where it exists, and how it differs from the old RDC.

- Nick

mazzaro_rudi
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hy Nick

hope someone can answwer us ! Let's wait....

Rudy