Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue with Bapi CRMXIF_PRODUCT_MATERIAL_SAVE

rahul_yedapally
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear SAP,

We are trying to create product in CRM system through BAPI (CRMXIF_PRODUCT_MATERIAL_SAVE)  and facing issue

Validation error occurred: Module COM_PRODUCT_MAT_VALIDATE, BDoc type PRODUCT_MAT.

SAP Version : CRM ABAP 7.0

attached screen for your Reference

Rahul Yedapally

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182985
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

I created a KBA regarding the error you are facing.

2319379 - Error "An internal number range interval cannot be determined for category *" (COM_PRODUCT_CUST005)

Please refer to this KBA for the resolution.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Julin Xin

rahul_yedapally
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick updates Shweta and Sridhar

now i cant see any errors in BAPI ( CRMXIF_PRODUCT_MATERIAL_SAVE)

we are trying to create a product in CRM system through bapi, While executing the BAPI it is requesting to provide either GTIN or product GUID as input. Could you please help on how to get GTIN value and create a new product through the given BAPI

when i check the Product key in table COMM_PRODUCT .. no records i can see

Image:2

Image: 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

As per my knowledge, this FM CRMXIF_PRODUCT_MATERIAL_SAVE can be used when you want to interface products from an external system and in that case we need to use the message type CRMXIF_PRODUCT_MATERIAL_SAVE, so that the above FM is triggered and products can be created in CRM.

If you would like to create products in CRM on mass, you may check the LSMW or BDC options.

Thanks,

Sridhar

kakshat
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If it's a new product you are creating, you will obviously not find a GUID for it in the COMM_PRODUCT table. You can create your own GUID using FM CRM_GUID_CREATE and then pass it to the other FM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I agree with Shwetha on the number range, however to make sure that you are able to create product within the CRM directly from T.code COMMPR01, in that way you will ensure all the configuration or required settings are done.

After that you can try creating the product through the BAPI CRMXIF_PRODUCT_MATERIAL_SAVE.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul ,

For the product category MAT_ABF , maintain the number range first and then try creating

the product .

Use the SPRO path Cross-Application Components->SAP Product->Settings for Product Type->Number Assignment->Define Number Ranges for the Product Type "Material" .

Regards

Shweta