cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional Output error for 'Interval values allowed' Characteristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

If a characteristic has the 'Interval Values allowed' box checked, the WWI code with conditional output using  comparison operator  GE (Greater Than or Equal to),gives error while checking the template. Is there any other way to overcome this constraint ? My requirement is to output concentration values only if they are greater than or equal to 1%.

To some extent similar scenario mentioned  in SAP help.   I checked few threads with similar issue but want to avoid the option of  creating customized characteristic with  Int val allowed box unchecked.

Example: Conditional Output with Alternative - Basic Data and Tools (EHS-BD) - SAP Library

Your suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ashish

there are some "risks" in using this (and not sure if it will always work under all conditions)

Let us use a "simple" example:

You have maintained in "density" a value as: 1 - 1.2 g/cm3 (which is a intervall)

If you try now for conditional value using "GE" it is "not easy" to define what will happen.

Exampe  in online help is:

<15BIF001(AND:01G1013005VA GE 1)><01G1013005VA(; * /TL)[D:Value]>

Let us imagine you use "similar" code.  Here the conditions "might" works (as 1 - 1,2 is clearly equal and greater as 1); but what would happen if you use 0.9 - 1.1 as intervall? Now the "lower" part of the interval is "lower" than condition. but the "upper" part still is true. Overall: I would imagine that results should be "false";

Concentration values. You can have these as part of "characteristics" and as part of "compositions".

For compositions it should work (without risk) as you can use "lower" "upper" and "average" seperate in data maintenance

But for "characteristic" driven values you hav eto pay attention (e.g. example with density above)

But clearly loigc as: flash point < 25 °C print phrase X; else Y

could be done using the "condition" approach; but conditions should be used in WWI layout only as teh "last" option (in my opnion)

C.B.

PS: look at:

Query on Conditional Output in WWI template | SCN

Ralph_P
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Please post your code and the error message from the check. Based on the example in your link I don't see what could be wrong with your code.

Ralph

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ralph

may be take a look on the threads i linked on. The issues asked by Ashish was solved there by using a "new" characteristic (not allowed to get intervall). I would be quite interested to get your feedback regrading this; should it work from SAP point of view ? (never invested... but some "small" doubts still remain on my side)

C. B.

Ralph_P
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Clearly: No! ranges are not allowed for a conditional output. It should work, though, if you have a characteristic which permits ranges but only a single value is maintained.

Ralph

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ralph

Ashish focuses on "layout topics". If I read his explanation the story is like this:

You enter the WWI code as needed and check the layout. Now WWI seems to check the "definition" of the characteristic. If the characteristic is "intervall" based it does not allowe to use an e.g. "GE" condition. But more or less any numeric characteristic is defined like that. Does this make sense?

And even your case would not work as WWI layout can not be saved without errors (e.g. densitiy is simple " 1" and not "0.9 - 1.1"

C.B.