SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Empties article in PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a scenario of empties in PO. PO is created with main article and empties is updated.Now the Problem is when we want to change the main article to other article which has different empty article attached.The PO is not updated.we cannot change the line item as it is linked with sales order.

How can we replace empties in ME22N

Thanks

Sachin Sonkar

3 REPLIES 3

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

If I understand your issue correctly, this is what you are facing:

• When you enter the full article in Purchase order, the system automatically populates the attached empties and calculate the quantities for empties as per full product quantity entered in PO.
  • When you change the main full article in purchase order, it does not change the components automatically.

Generally, in PO, in order to update the line items, you can click on check button after you change the FULL article in PO and see, whether system changes the components or not.

Alternatively, you can mark the older line items DELETED and enter the full article in a new line item.

However, I think, you can have a check on following configuration and BAdI to change the system behavior which might address the issue.

You can try and do some research for following available options to address this issue:

In SPRO path (SPRO: Logistic General -> Material Master -> Retail-Specific Settings -> Settings for Structured Materials -> Changeability of Structured Articles), try to allow changes in the structure articles for Empties. Make following selection and check the behavior in PO.

• Select SM Category as P which is for Empties, Select application PO and select check boxes Check for Document and Allow Changes. Try to see how system behaves with this settings. Please read the standard help texts for more ideas.

There is a BAdI to change system behavior which you can find in SPRO: Logistic General -> Material Master -> Retail-Specific Settings -> Retail-Specific Business Add-Ins -> BAdI: Changeability of Structured Articles. Here also read the help text before trying this solution.

I am sure the Processing of empties is also activated in your system.

As I never faced this issue, I suggest you to try these options in a quality system to make sure it addresses the issue.

Update this thread with your findings.

Regards,

Amit

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

I found one more place where you can try to see whether the following BAdI helps anything for your issue:

SPRO: Materials Management -> Purchasing -> Purchase Order -> Empties Management -> BAdI: Postprocess Generated Empties Purchase Order Items

Please update the thread with your findings.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the inputs,I have checked the system and the entries were missing in the table which you mentioned i have updated the same, but to use the same,  badi needs to be activated.I will check the same and update the thread here.

Thanks

Sachin Sonkar