Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Status Profile Display in Service Contract Item

former_member293763
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have created a new status profile and assigned it to service contract item categories.

I can see the status profile in newly created service contract items. However, the profile does not show up in items already created and I am not able to update them as well with new status profile,

Please let me know if you have any idea on how to achieve this? Thanks.

Regards,

Dhruv Kashyap

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kapilpatil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Dhruv,

There is no standard process to update new status profile and respective statuses on old contracts.

SAP also recommends not change/replace status profile once system has gone live.

You have below options:

1. Continue to use the old documents as they are, until their life cycle is complete.

OR

2. Create new transactions with data from old transactions and new status profile. Close down old transactions

OR

3. Update all possible link tables for old transactions to access the new status profile and respective statuses

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kapil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member293763
Participant
0 Kudos

Kapil and Spencer,

Yes, the only way of updating the old  documents, is through running a report to update the user status (table crm_jsto and crm_jest) with appropriate values.

However, old documents do not go into error if the user status profile is not updated.

While updating the records through the report, however I am not able to do a database update on both tables in the same cycle. I am using commit work but it does not seem to work. Like after updating crm_jsto I see the record exists however calling CRM_STATUS_MAINTAIN_OW does not work. if I run the report again it update the status successfully. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Regards,

Dhruv

spencer_liang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

need to maintain status profile name for those old documents in CRM_JSTO table. and modify the user status entry in CRM_JEST table. it should solve your issue.

Kapil is correct. The same issue occurs when you change status in the user status profile too as the E000* is assigned by the system like GUID.

About Kapil 1, I do not think you will be able to use the old document because system will check status profile and status and raises error.

About 2, it may not work if you have huge amount of old documents. My solution has the same problem. So perhaps a report is necessary for this necessary.

About 3, I think my solution simply specifies yours.

If you and Kapil find anything wrong of my solution or explanation, kindly let me know and let's learn together.

Thank you.

Spencer