cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Certification- Beneficial or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am currently working with Hewlett Packard Enterprise (18 months of experience) as a Support Analyst.

My area of expertise is Active Directory and Exchange server, however I also have basic understanding of SAP tools. I have a basic experience with SAP tools. I am also into SAP account creation/deletion, roles addition and modification also password resets.

I want to switch my career completely into SAP, however I am not sure if I am too late for this.

Could you please suggest if I should join any classes for certification or any other way which lead me to get into SAP platform.

Awaiting your valuable response.

Regards,

Rohit Pandey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Yes. Absolutely yes. Value addition to your profile may differ from company to company but it is beneficial.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Veselina/Vincent,

Thank you for the valuable guidance.

I looked into and read more about the SAP world so that I could get a clear view on the path to choose.

I am currently handling the SAP Security and authorization part with access to few transactions.

Both of you are right that I should not hurry and will have to keep options open.

For now, I will try to get into details of SAP Security, as much as I can just to be sure if this is what I want. If I get a chance to move laterally in the current organisation into SAP that would be a good move.

Also, certification will now be the last option only if I am sure about it.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are currently working for an IT company, that provides SAP support. Check with your colleagues or supervisors what are the options to continue your career in SAP there.

Different companies place different value in SAP certification - many employers will not care if you are certified or not, what is important for them is - are you able to do your job?

Don't rush into SAP certification until you get more exposure to SAP tasks and know for sure that this is exactly what you want to do in the future.

18 months as a support analyst - I think it is too early to make such decisions. Try out different things, not just SAP-related, there are plenty of challenges in system administration, which you might find interesting.

Creation of users/adding roles is a very boring job and some people, that I know, switched their careers to something else at the first opportunity.

tnecnivo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

It's never too late to switch, no matters how old you are.

But you mentioned you have 18 months of experience as Support Analyst, that's sound pretty young too me.

Basic exposure with SAP tools is fine, but if you want to join SAP classes, and considering which module you should enter, I suggest you to pick up BASIS or HANA. (BASIS is more on technology platform and HANA is the In-memory Database platform).

Google what are BASIS and HANA, and do some reading.

Do note, getting a cert doesn't mean you will get into SAP jobs, but it certainly is a way to start.

Else, try to get into Support role for doing SAP, or internal transfer from your current company to SAP team.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.