SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability or Configuration to Ignore a Site's Closing Date within ME21n

don_godreau
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all;

I have an interesting scenario for you. In our organization, we use a Site's Closing date (i.e. t-code WB02, Opening Hours window, Closing Date field) to control when we move a site location. We specify the site's closing date, to indicate that the old location is closing, and then once the new location has opened, remove the closing date and modify the Opening date.

However, since this is simply a site being relocated from one physical location to another, we still need to be able to create Purchase Orders and Stock Transport orders for delivery to the site in the period AFTER the date specified in the Closing Date field...

But, there is something triggering an error in the creation of the Purchase Order or Stock Transport Order via ME21n that prevents us from doing this.

To date, the only way we have been able to get around this is to temporarily remove the value in Closing Date, create the PO/STO, and then restore the date.

I'm looking for any options that would allow us to create these POs or STOs without the need to perform the Site Maintenance as I described.

We're open to suggestions around enhancements via user exit or BADI or configuration (i.e. PO document types), etc.

Thanks,

Don

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I would suggest you use distribution chain status field to block the site from sales only.

This will keep the site master available for other business processes like procurement etc.

You can assign the distribution chain status in the POS view or Logistic store view.

Let us know if you need more information on this.

Regards,

Amit

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I would suggest you use distribution chain status field to block the site from sales only.

This will keep the site master available for other business processes like procurement etc.

You can assign the distribution chain status in the POS view or Logistic store view.

Let us know if you need more information on this.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Would this solution cause any issues with processing POS related transactions (i.e. POS IDocs transmitted to ECC from PIPE in BW?); Would it prevent updates being sent out to the site via t-code WPMA or WPMU?

And, are you talking about doing this on the Article Master? If so, that's too much maintenance involved to be palatable by our business users.

Don

0 Kudos

Hi Don,

The above settings are more useful when you want to control the processes on article level as these blocks are in article master.

If you want to achieve the control on site level, then a better suggestion would be to configure the Store blocking reasons where you can decide what is to be allowed and what is to be blocked. Please see below screen shots with this functionality:

The configuration of blocking reasons is at SPRO: Logistics - General -> Plant Master -> Control Data -> Blocking Reasons

The place where this block is assigned:

So for different types of block, create different blocking reasons and then assign it to the site master in WB02. For more detailed explanation you can read the help text for each field in configuration.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

YAY! Yes, this is exactly what we've been searching for. Thank you so much for this.