cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer posting in specific storage type in WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have configured the IM Movement  311 to map to a new WM movement type 998 and the business request is that only the inventory in a specific storage type 005 would be considered. Everything works great when all inventory is stored in storage type 005 when there is inventory stored in multiple storage types then we need to go thru the LU04 transaction. In OMLY I've defined a reference storage type search and mapped only storage type 005, but it doesn't appear to be being used.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nick,

Check if you have maintained all the storage types in the Storage type Search Sequence for 998 Mvt type.

If you have maintained, then send the screenshots of the WM Mvt 998 and storage type 005 config.

Thanks,

Sai Arala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was hopeful the Ref.Stor.Type Search of 311 would drive search sequence.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nick,

I see you have activated the Indicator 'Post to Same Bin' which means no Transfer has to take Place. And in the search strategy you have maintained Storage type 005. That is the reason it is working only for Storage type 005.

Please change your settings based on the requirement.

Thanks,

Sai Arala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nick,

Try Removing the Post to Same Bin the Warehouse movement type and it would work for all storage types.

Thanks,

Sai Arala.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do want the transfer posting to only consider storage type 005 and ignore inventory in any other storage type. When inventory is in multiple storage types auto TO creation does not occur and you must manually use LU04 to select which storage type to do the posting.

former_member245890
Participant
0 Kudos

This is standard SAP behaviour, when there are multiple quants while creating transfer order for PCN, system requires manual selection for source bin and quant determination.

There is a Badi to implement your custom selection while creating transfer orders. You may use the Badi below (method : QUANT_POSTING_CHANGE).

LE_WM_LE_QUANT

There is a parameter for quant determination : IT_LQUAU.

By using this you can fill the ET_QUANTLISTE parameter and select the quant to create TO.

nick_baumgartner
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks, that's what we anticipated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nick,

Close this thread if your question is answered.

Thanks,

Sai Arala

Answers (0)