cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CT04 - Change Characteristic, Classify value

0 Kudos

Hi Sap Gurus,

I am attempting to use SAP standard Classification of characteristic values for my project. I am struggling on how to find the classification of the characteristic values in my custom program. I'ld appreciate any help you can provide.

Background

I have a characteristic defined as TUBE_STANDARD and the 127 possible values are maintained in the characteristic. Some of the 127 values require heat Treat, others do not. I am (successfully) classifying the characteristic values as yes or no Heat Treat. I achieved this by doing the following:

I created one characteristic "ReqD' which has two values Y or N.

I created a new class ABCDEF of Class type 044, and assigned the REQD characteristic.

I changed (using CT04) the Characteristic TUBE_STANDARD, selecting each of the 127 values one by one and using menu path EDIT > Classify Value, I entered the class ABCDEF and characteristic REQD and then set it as Y or N depending on the characteristic's value.

Everything looks great !

But how do I get the 'Reqd' value of Y or N out in a Custom developed program ?

I have the TUBE_STANDARD characteristics value in my custom program, but don't know which FM to use or what inputs for the unknown FM to get the Y or N that's assigned to the specific TUBE_STANDARD Characteristic value.

Thanks in advance for your consideration,

Brock

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Problem solved.

Classification of Characteristic values are stored in AUSP.

Select single ATWRT into l_ATWRT from AUSP where

OBJEK = OBJ AND

ATINN = l_ATINN AND

KLART = '044'.

Build the object reference (OBJ) by combining the ATINN of TUBE_STANDARD from CABN and the actual characteristic value.e.g. A500H

Lookup the l_ATINN for the characteristic 'REQD' in CABN.

Voile!

Answers (0)