Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying interface in Interface Monitor

masjo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having issue getting interfaces to appear in the Interface Monitor (/AIF/IFMON) for my user.  For example, I have gotten the SAP standard BUPA example to display on the Interface Monitor but can't get my own custom AIF configured interface to display there or the SAP standard Flight booking example either.  I have created a recipient for my custom AIF interface and assigned my user to it  and clicked Overview check box but still I can't see it on IFMON.  I can see all interfaces just fine in the Monitoring and Error Handling screens.

Please help.  I know it must be a simple fix but what I am I missing?

Also, are there restrictions with RFC interfaces being displayed on the Interface Monitor?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joy,

please do the following:

1. Define Recipients in "Error handling - Define Namespace-Specific Features".

2. Assign your interface to the Recipients in "Error handling - Define Interface-Specific Features".

3. Assign users to the Recipient groups and activate checkbox "Overview":

- transaction: /AIF/RECIPIENTS

OR

- AIF customizing in system configuration Assign Recipients

Good luck

Christoph

masjo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Christoph.  I have followed all those steps.

My issue was with Step 2 of your list.  I have managed to get it displaying in the Interface monitor by configuring in the Interface-Specific features, the Assign Recipients without Key Fields. 

There wasn't much information on that in help or cookbook

Although it is now displaying on Interface Monitor, it does not have a message count which is a new issue I guess.  Any advice on that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The message count works in general. Perhaps you need to change the selected dates. Click on the button left to "Without date restriction".

masjo
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have it on the without date restriction option.  From the screenshot, the standard BUPA interfaces displays a message count but my interface is not.

If I click through to the Monitoring and Error Handling screen, the screenshot below shows that there are existing messages from today for my interface.

masjo
Explorer
0 Kudos

I should add this is an RFC interface using ARFCSSTATE configuration if that makes a difference to what is displayed on Interface Monitor.

masjo
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have just read that RFC interface using ARFCSSTATE will not display on the Interface Monitor so that explains why my message count was displaying for this interface - in case anyone experiences a similar issue.

Answers (0)