cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO 6.5.1 license retrieval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a problem with reinstalling BO instance. We would like to reinstall the BO application to a newer PC. But we cannot do this due to the fact that we need to provide license files while installing. Tried to copy the XML license files from Program Files\Business Objects\License folder but that did not worked. Can you please advise how to reinstall the software to a new PC now?

We don’t have any S ID or support agreement with SAP and additionally they say that :

Thank you for contacting SAP Product Support.

I’m afraid BusinessObjects Enterprise 6.5 is no longer supported as of 28.02.2005 when its mainstream maintenance ended.

Attached you may see the window which is the result of the About BO click.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jakub,

You need copy of the ORIGINAL license file the copy will NOT work.  Keep in mind that only Windows 2003 - 32bit (out of support with Microsoft) will work, anything newer will NOT install.  You can open the XML file to validate that it DOES NOT end date as well.

Another options is to temporary change the year on the NEW system to 2006. Confirm install and then change the date to current Year.

I would advise you download the latest BOE 6.5.x w/SP4 from Archive section of Marketplace.

Regards,

Ajay

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this product has been dead for almost 10 years now , there are no new licenses for it.