Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Query as OData

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to use a BI query as oData service. When I save the query (with By OData checked) I cannot find the service in the GW (that is running on the same system.) I already followed the steps:

Configuration of Gateway

1. Activate Gateway

1. In Customizing (transaction SPRO) choose Start of the navigation path SAP NetWeaver > Gateway > OData Channel > Configuration > Activate or Deactivate SAP NetWeaver Gateway End of the navigation path.
2. A dialog box appears. Choose Activate.

2. Define the system alias LOCAL for Gateway
(This step is only necessary if a system alias LOCAL has not yet been defined.)

1. In Customizing (transaction SPRO) choose Start of the navigation path SAP NetWeaver > Gateway > OData Channel > Configuration > Connection Settings > SAP NetWeaver Gateway for SAP System > Manage SAP System Alias End of the navigation path.

2. Create a new entry with the following values:

FieldValue
SAP System AliasLOCAL
Local GWSelected
RFC DestinationNONE
Software VersionDEFAULT

3. Save the entry.

The Query Designer shows a message: Info: BW_BICS_EQ 128 but I cannot figure out what it means.

The error_log shows nothing.

What is the point that I can start searching for the problem? Because there is nothing in the logs. I can call some std. services (so gw should be active) and there is just this BW_BICS_EQ 128 failure where I don't know what it means.

Regards, Vanessa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

SAP NetWeaver 7.40

SAP_BW    740    0007

SAP_BASIS    740    0007

SAP_GWFND    740    0007

BW_BICS_EQ 128 is really just an info. Confusing that this is not maintained in the system.

Add service is not showing the service. If I want to redefine the service in segw I cannot find BW services but MDX services. There isn't something to see in the transports that looks like gateway artifacts or something like that.

Maybe or someone else has an idea? 🙂

In the transport are only elements of the query builder and nothing that looks like gw :-(.

I am working on another system to see if this is a solution but same problem:

SAP_BASIS    740    0011

SAP_ABA    740    0011

SAP_GWFND    740    0011

BI_CONT    757    0006

SAP_BW    740    0011

Is there a good starting point to debug it?

Note:  2103222 cannot be implemented into the system

The note helped to find the right place for debugging. The system that that the gw is not configured to create gateway-services. That helps to keep going...

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

After debugging the problem seems to be on the gw customizing.

cl_bgrfc_destination_inbound=>create( if_eq_constant=>n_c_bgrfc_dest_name ). throws an exception.

0 Kudos

Hi Vanessa,

we had the same problem when saving an oData Query. Executing the report EQ_RS_AUTOSETUP solved it on our system. See also SAP Note 1944258

Regards

Thomas

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think You need to register this service in Gateway system using transaction /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I cannot find the service in the GW

I would ... if I could find the service. If I want to add the service I don't see the service.

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are your Gateway and BW  in the same system ?

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

yes