Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts management for SAP MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts ,

I am looking to configure alerts for these scenarios : 

- An email alert is sent if the material is not sold .

- An email alert is sent if the material is about to expire

- An email alert is sent if the material's warranty is about to expire.

- An email alert is sent if the increase of cost of a material is above a configurable threshold.

I've searched a lot in the internet but unfortunately i didn't find my desire . Can you please help me

Regards

OUISSAM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have a report which can give you the above information (for example, MC46 for slow moving items, MB5M for Batch Expiry, etc), you may schedule the report in background and send the output as email to required id's as explained in the doc:

If you dont have a report to show the required details, go for a custom report and then schedule the same and send email to required users as explained in the document.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Thank you for your reply .

I am sorry can you elaborate further more for better understanding ?

Do you mean that to get my requirement a customizing must be taking place ?

Thank you

Regards

Ouissam

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No customizing required to send email - you can refer the document mentioned in my previous comment. However, if you dont have a report which can show the information you mentioned, you need to go for development for report only.

For example, the standard report MB5M can give you the list of materials which will expire within a specified date. This report can be scheduled in background to run periodically and send email to specific users. You may refer the document mentioned in my previous comment.

Similarly, if you can get the information like materials not sold (you may refer the slow moving stock report MC46 (please note that it will consider goods all goods movements), then you can schedule this report as well an send email automatically.

If you dont have a report which can give the information from a report, you need go for development for the report first. Once the report is developed, you can follow the same procedure to send email!

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply .Indeed it is helpful

I think the standard report MB5M does exist but is this ensure an automatique emailing for each time a material is about to expire ?

also could the email maintain informations about the material such as number / description ... ??

Is this will require a  XI/PI system ??

Thank you

regards

Ouissam

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow the document:  Periodically auto generation of Report in background and send result to user mail ID which explains the logic for sending MB5M report as email. You can schedule the report as daily or weekly basis, which will consider all materials to expire for the days given in selection and send email. The email will contain all the fields available in MB5M output!

If the data is fetched directly from the ECC system, no need of XI/PI.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I thank you very much for your help .

I will follow the document and see if i can get it right

Best regards

Ouissam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I do not thnk so that standard sap will not offer this functionality . However you you can plan for the enhancements with a suitable logic . 1.An email alert is sent if the material is not sold . : You can create a program which will fetch the materials / sale orders , if materials , if not created with a sale order will send a mail saying the material is not ordered . Or fetch the sale orders which are not Delivered . This program can be plabnned on a schedule basis . 2. An email alert is sent if the material is about to expire : A periodically scheduled program will ferch the materials which are with the MMPP status of expired and will send a mail to the receipients . 3. An email alert is sent if the material's warranty is about to expire. : The same way as explained earlier with the suiatable logic 4. An email alert is sent if the increase of cost of a material is above a configurable threshold.: A periodically scheduled program will send alerat mail , by fetching the materials which have change in the price ( MBEW ) based upon the threshould. Like wise in one or other way you have to plan for a program i believe . Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raghavendra

Thank you for the time you took to answer me.

So there is no standard in SAP that i can use to fulfill my requirements? a customizing must be done to get theses scenarios working?

Thank you again

regards

Ouissam