cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yMkt: how to send email without external provider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'd need to define email campaign and to send mail to the target group members without an external email provider service.

I read the installation guide where I found the details for "Setting up Amazon Email Service Provider" and, alternatively,  "SAP Mobile Service for Email" configuration.

Do you know if it's possible to send out mails without these external providers (with the well known SCOT) and how to configure it?

Waiting for your kind feedback.

Kind Regards.

Daniela

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JanMatthes
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniela,

from SAP Hybris Marketing release 1508 onpremise onwards, it is possible to connect custom service providers (e.g. for email, text messages, messengers etc) by implementing a custom adapter. Essentially, this comes down to implementing several methods in an ABAP adapter class. In the standard delivery, adapter classes for AMAZON SES for Email and Sybase SMS 365 for text messages are included and can be used as examples on how to implement a custom adapter class. There have been customers as well as internal projects that connected additional service providers.

Nevertheless we do not recommend this and there is no official support or documentation from our side to integrate own ESP. Besides this there are also good business reasons why integrating an own ESP is not recommended. In a nutshell the high-volume 3rd party E-Mail Service Providers like Amazon provide way more power and service in terms of reputation management (e.g. Provider spam classification, IP warming etc.) and scalability than a normal business mail provider do as they are often not used to the peaks which happen with high-volume bulk mailings.

Cheers

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

many thanks for your quick and precise feedback.

KR, Daniela

Answers (0)