cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I have crystal installed on multiple computers, how do I save reports so I can see them from any computer I log into? As of now, I've just been saving to a desktop, but I obviously can't see those reports from other computers.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your options for sharing reports are:

Install the CR designer on all the computers and save the report to a shared drive, or send the reports to the other computers.

Install the CR Viewer (SAP Crystal Reports Viewer | Crystal Solutions| Business Intelligence | SME | SAP) on all the computers and save the report to a shared drive, or send the reports to the other computers. (Note that the viewer does not allow for refresh of data.)

Create a web app using either the .NET or Java runtime

Obtain Crystal Reports Server

Obtain SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

When you say "shared drive", do you just mean a company shared drive? I'd like to do this, but I don't see the option to save to our organizational shared drive when I look to save a report.

I don't quite know what the other options you've provided are/mean...but I'm just looking for the cheapest, most effective way. I want the computers I've installed this on to be able to open saved reports, as well as be able to re-run/refresh the reports/data. Which option would you recommend.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, a company shared drive. A shared drive is usually 'mapped' to your windows machine and it appears along with the other local drives and disk drives.

-Abhilash

former_member206070
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Actually you don't have any other option like "Shared drive".  if you install Crystal Report in so many systems you must choose this option only. Other wise install only one system and save the reports locally, that time you don't need maintain any "Shared drive".

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Can you tell me more about how CR designer works. I've downloaded it onto my computer, and will do the same on the other computers I want to be able to access the reports

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is a link to tutorials.

Other that that go through the CR Help files, do a lot of searching here - there is tons of info and consider buying a book on CR (hint google bishof crystal).

- Ludek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

You'd need to save them to a shared drive or publish to the SAP BI Enterprise platform.

-Abhilash