SAP for Banking Discussions
Join the conversation about navigating compliance, enhancing customer experience, and driving growth in the banking industry with SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP banking Services 9.0 without FI-CAx integration - Loan Lifecycle PoC

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am preparing one proof of concept for end to end loan lifecycle in Banking Services 9.0 (FS-AM) in our system. But we don't have FI-CAx integrated for open item management. Just wanted to know if it is possible to complete PoC activities without FI-CAx. Following are the results of PoC activities in my current system :

Account Creation : Done

Disbursement (Full, partial, Withhold amount) : Done

Billing, invoicing & settlement : Done (no billing item created)

Incoming payment & Payment distribution : Done (no Payment distribution item created)

Early payoff & Account Closure  - Not done.

Please let me know what is the best way to run complete loan lifecycle in BaS 9.0 without FI-CAx integration.

Thanks,

Anish

2 REPLIES 2

oliver_wiebracht
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

Loans Management does require a system to manage open items, usually FI-CAx. You will be able to do the loan creation, disbursement, billing etc. but you will not be able to run payment distribution to clear open items. Only non-open item related payment distribution processes (e.g. a curtailment) should work.

Of course you could "fake" a payment distribution process by creating manually the payment order that would have been created by payment distribution. This way you would not clear any open item (since there is no open item w/o FI-CAx) but you can update the loan's balances. This would be a prerequisite to be able to close the account and to show a senseful cash flow.

By the way, I do not understand fully your process description above:

-> Payment Distribution without a PD item doesn't work, so PD might be "done" but nothing is executed I suppose

-> Invoicing is a process step on FI-CAx which I suppose you didn't execute.

Hope it helps.

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anish,

This is quite a learning!

We are trying to work on a similar POC wherein the customer has a third party OIM system.

Could you please suggest or share the steps that were executed to achieve this scenario.

Best Regards,

Pallavi