cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IW41 -Automatic confirmation of Overheads along with Labor Activity is confirmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

We use service orders (plant maintenance orders) and we use one activity type Labor and we maintain KP26 rate.

We use IW41 to book labor to service order.

We also another activity type OVHD

We also want system to automatically confirm  activity type OVHD automatically along with

Activity type labor.

So just want to confirm the plan hours of labor say 1 hour and automatically whether background

Or any mode system should confirm OVHD .

Is that possible.

Revathi K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Revathi

It's possible. I did the same for Production order

Two options

1. Template allocation using CPTD. You can search forum. You will find a document by Arturo Senosain

2. Use a user exit during confirmation. I used Badi WORKORDER_UPDATE for production order. Ask your Abap to find a suitable badi or exit for the same

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

Thank you very much for your ref.

In Production Order scenario, is the auto confirmation of overheads possible with standard functionality without enhancements?

In Service Order scenario it is not possible to do auto confirmation of overheads along with labor without enhancements? Pl let me know

Revathi.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

I created activity type for overhead like you and then confirmed it using same qty as Labor Hrs. We used enhancement. You can also achieve the same using template allocation

same thing applies to PM orders too

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay, but you were saying it is not possible to do confirmation at production level as well, the activity called 'Overhead' along with activity type Labor as standard

Rather we must use user exit to confirm the activity 'overhead' along with activity type Labor.

Is that right?

Revathi

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are two ways

1. Whatever you confirm as labor hrs, to be automatically confirmed as overhead hours too

2. You confirm labor hrs only and leave it. At period end, do a template allocation, which will charge same amount of overhead hours in PM orders

hope its clear

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajay

Thanks for your quick response.

Alternative 2 is clear to me, that once the activity labor is confirmed to service order during the month, if I run the template allocation at the month end, the overhead activity will be confirmed to the quantities of labor confirmed during the month.

This one I need to check with my finance user team whether they are ready for the new month end activity.

Regarding alternative 1 you mentioned above

"

1. Whatever you confirm as labor hrs, to be automatically confirmed as overhead hours too'

This alternative 1 is achievable only through User Exit  and not as part of standard. Pl correct me if I am wrong because I have  come to the conclusion that through standard confirmation it is not possible to confirm two activity types together.

Thanks

Revathi.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah, that's right

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay and all for your inputs. Let me close it and explore those options given by Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Revathi,

You can achieve this without development.

Follow these steps.

1. Create a Z* parameter in OP17 for overheads

2. Create a Z* formula in OP21, Like this SAP_03+(Z*formula*SAP_09/SAP_08)

3. Create an activity type KL01

4. Enter plan rate KP26

5. Create a work center and in costing tab where you enter labor activity with SAP007 for labor and next activity ,overhead enter with Z*formula and check “Reference” check box on left side.

Step 1, 2 and 5 is PP process, so take help from PP consultant.

You may have to tweak formula based on your requirement. but it definitely works without development and we are using this for years for PP overheads.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Rau

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rau Mouder

Thank you very much for your response.

But the suggestion you have given for automatic calculation of Overheads to P P orders or Service Orders.

Because I need to have change to happen only for Service Orders and not for Production Orders.

Please confirm.

Thanks

Revathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Revathi,

This will work for service order also. work center is assigned to service order also.

same concept pp order or service order, check with CS/SM consultant.

Thanks,

Rau

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rau

Thanks for your response.

Actually I showed your response to my PP consultant and he went through but he could not

actually accomplish this for  automatic confirmation of  'OVHD' for activity type, he said this would definitely possible for Production Orders, but not service orders. He followed what you wrote, still

the routing I think he could not enter more than one activity.

I am not sure if I can ask you, do you have any more detailed steps or screen shots the same solution applied to service order scenarios?

That would greatly helpful if you can send some,

Revathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rau

Any response from you?

former_member219086
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Revathi, I think you need to achieve the overhead cost through the costing sheet not by an additional activity. There should be some base for overhead calculation.

Thanks,

Srinath