cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start SAP Mobile Platform by Task scheduler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

I have been trying to schedule the SMP to start by create task in scheduler. I found that the task ran successfully but SMP is not started. It seems that the task did not even call the go-service.bat script which I linked to the task. The weird thing  is when I tried the task with stop SMP, SMP has been stopped successfully.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

any help please?

waynesmith
Participant
0 Kudos

The C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\stop.bat and the C:\SAP\MobilePlatform3\Server\go-service.bat

Should be able to be run with the Windows Schedular.

One key point is this. You have to make sure you have elivated the permmision in the schedular
in order for this to work.

In the dialog menu for the schedual task you will see a little box that says Run with the highest privileges make sure you check that box.

I have test this scenario and the SMP call to the batch files works correctly again Permission is one key the path to the bat files is the other

Stop and start will work

NOTE: you have to have local Administrator rights as well.

I hope this helps

Wayne Smith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Wayne very much for your response.

I did have Run with the highest privileges option selected. I also have had the local admin permission.

Actually, I found out that the SMP has been started successfully in log-on mode (Run only when user is logon option is selected). However, it did not run when 'Run whether user log-on or off' option was selected even though the task was triggered. I was not able to find any thing useful in the log as it always return exit code 0.

Please help. Thank you.

waynesmith
Participant
0 Kudos

I would try setting the SMP services to Manual

then when setting up the shcedual task select the Operating System you
are running on, Also it may help select Windows 7 or an older version

thou I have tested with Wndows 8.1 and that is working,

You have to make sure the SMP server is not up and running if it is it will exit code 0

Also when I create the task I'm using Create Basic Task,

I hope this helps

Wayne Smith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Wayne. It did not work. The scheduler starts smp only if "Running when user log on option is selected". Otherwise, the task run but do nothing.

The smp is stopped successfully by the scheduler

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Wayne. I just check it again and found out my account does not have sufficient permission.

waynesmith
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes you have to have local Admin rights in order for this to
work once you have local admin rights it should work correcty

I hope this helps

Wayne Smith