cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL MUST BE ZERO BALANCE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir, My Company is working with SAP since 7 years. They have posted more than 11000 entries on GL in past 7 years against 1 Company Code. But they are not maintained properly. Now they want to start work with zero for the financial year 2016-17 with uploading balance as on 31.03.2016.

Please help me how can I resolve this problem.

Regards,

Raju Mitra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm really confused, they have balances in all balance sheet acounts ( Fıxed assets, AR,AP, Capital etc.) they want to make all 0. forget about the SAP, I am confused about the process. Is that action applicable for the local authorities?

You need to clarify the process step by step

for example:

FI/AR : they do not want to trace open item the balance of the customer is one open item

FI/AP: same with FI/AR

FI/AA: All assets finished their usefull life need to be retired etc.

if this is the problem you can solve this by accounting posting. Use a transfer account for this.

If they want to close the previous company in real. (liquidation etc.)  use the same company code number under different client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

After SAP implementation Consultants are unable to give support properly.

That is why they are using another software as well as SAP for accounting purpose. But middle of the year they haven't continued with SAP.

I have newly joined here and authorities has told me to make sure that they can start SAP from this financial year 2016-17 freshly. They want to upload required GL balances 31.03.2016 and keep continue.

I think this will clear your confusion.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

It means they are using different system for Accounting, you have two options ;

1- make reconciliation with the other system and make balancess to equal

2-  Post a balance reversal document to make balances "0" and post the opening balances 31.12

I prefer the first choice but if you find any other way you can use that too. I hope these information  wll help you

Former Member
0 Kudos

I find some transaction code like OBR1, OBR2 for delete transaction data and do entry fresh. Can I go with that ? Please guide me.

Thanks,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

OBR2 and OBR1 is the transactions to delete the GL account itself not the posted amounts. If an account has any postings on it, it does not matter the balance is 0 r not you cannot delete them and you must not to try too. The accounts are the master data not only affecting the organization but also the legal authorities well. Therefore If an account has balance control insead of the open item management you cannot clear those amounts too. there are 2 program to change account to open item try them first if not working please explain that in a simple way, it is not healthy to change the open item management and sometimes system cannot support that.

RFSEPA02 (non open to open)

RFSEPA03 (open to non open)

The programs above is not supporting the newer version of SAP so you need to develop those to use. Moreover, SAP informs that those programs are not supporting by SAP anymore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please advise me how can I resolve this issue step by step.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I mislead you my last messages are wrong. the best way talk to SAP .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually they are working with sap since 7 years. They have uploaded many GL Balances linked with ar, ap, ps, co, aa and posted many documents. Now they want to start with fresh transactions on same company code for the financial year 2016-2017.

Please help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

0 balance? what does it mean?  I beileve that they want to make a fresh start. you can create new company code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes they want to make start fresh with same company code.