Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

brtools wont start after installing SAP AS ABAP

former_member280874
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

I recently installed AS ABAP system on HP-UX. The SAP system is up and running. But for some strange reason i found that none of the .sapenv.csh, .sapenv.sh, .sapenv_hostname.csh, .sapenv_hostname.sh, .sapsrc.csh etc. files exist in /oracle/SID. I have done many installation but this is the first time something like this happened.

Another thing is that, when i su - orasid from root, im only getting a dev_host 21: prompt instead of a hostname dev_host:orasid 21> prompt and because of that, I’m unable to run brtools. when i run brtools under dev_host 21: brtools the system tells me

Can someone please tell me how to get this system to function normal, what env variables i need to set to get the correct prompt (dev_host:orasid 21>) on my HP-UX system. When i su - sidadm, i get the correct prompt dev_host:sidadm 21> and im able to startsap and stopsap without a problem.

Thanks in advance

regards

Steven

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

as I know the .dbenv* and .sapenv* should be in the home of orasid (/home/orasid).
Which Oracle Version did you install?

Once there was a user Oracle introduced which owns the files but is not used for Administration:

Please have a look at http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/113747 and mentioned notes.

To solve your error with the missing files... you could copy them to the home of orasid, and chack that they are used when loggin in.

Best regards

Christian

former_member280874
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christian, thank for the reply

the account orasid does not get created in the /home directory. i have checked all my other 6 systems and there is no orasid user in the /home directory. i installed oracle 11203, i previously installed this in our DEV environment and all is working fine there. When i want to setup the Production environment, thats when this issues came up.

i copied .sapenv* from from /home/sidadm into /oracle/SID directory and changed the ownership but it dows not look like they are being read because when i su - orasid and look at the env, they are not appearing there.

my issue is similar to this one, maybe he explains it better

thanks again

regards

Steven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

I do not know why your system was installed without ora<sid> user, but if it works you might have a look a note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1710997 .

Best regards

Christian