cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build time dependencies for Netweaver 7.5 applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we set up a new track in NWDI for J2EE and Enterprise Portal 7.5 development.

We registered software components for 7.5 applications in SLD.

I would like to know what the correct build time dependencies are for NW 7.5   J2EE, Portal and Webdynpro applications.

In 7.0 we defined SAP J2EE Engine 7.0, SAP JAVA TECH Services 7.0 and DI Build Tool 7.0 and for portal applications EP Build Tool 7.0.

I don't know exactly if that was correct, but it worked.

What are the corresponding build time dependencies in 7.5 and which SC's do we have to import into the track then?

I found SAP note 2313256 saying for 7.5 you have to install the whole Java Stack in the track.

Is that correct and what does that mean? Which SC's are meant here?

Thanks

Andi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191044
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

take a look at this node https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/1572743/E. It is for 7.31 + 7.4 but should be similar for 7.5.

Best regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

thanks, that was why I posted Note 2313256, because it is the same topic but for 7.5.
What confused me was that it says you should install the whole stack into the track?!

And what I don't quite understand is, if the required SC's in the track are the same as build time dependent SC's?

Regards

Andi

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Andi,

indeed it is strange to me too, I ask around.

Cheers,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Andi,

Just talked to my colleagues, and we think the intention was that the NW7.5 wizard for track setup will know the dependencies, but this of course neglects the fact that customers may use an older NWDI for NW7.5 development. So we believe, the content should be similar to the one of the related notes, i.e. explicitly list the dependencies (as also pointed out by Tobias).

I hope this helps.

Ervin