Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGui 7.4 Java for openSUSE 42.1 Leap

alexandrepoitras
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi !

I am trying to install the sapgui java version on my openSuse 42.1 Leap system.

The install runs fine, but when opening the sapgui, it get this message :

The system reqirements are not met.

Could not find: /usr/lib64/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk-1.8.0/jre/lib/javafx.properties

Your Java Virtual Machine seems not to support JavaFX, required to run the SAP GUI for Java 7.40 rev 7

Please use a supported current Java Virtual Machine.

linux-37sp:/usr/lib # java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_91"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 3.0.1) (suse-12.1-x86_64)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.91-b14, mixed mode)

I read that some distribution had removed the JAVAFX and therefore are not installed by default in the system.

But I cannot manage to find where to get this and how to install it after.

Anyone has done this before ?

Thanks !

--

Alex !

• SAP Managed Tags:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I decided to experiment OpenSUSE 42.1 Leap.

I faced the same issue:

Then I installed the JDK from Oracle (the 64 bits version), adjusted the JAVA_HOME to point to the new JDK.

Afterwards, success. The SAPGUI for Java 7.4 is working perfectly:

So, I installed the full JDK, not only JavaFX.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Cris

• SAP Managed Tags:
6 REPLIES 6

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

It seems that you need a JDK from Oracle, where maybe JavaFX exists, or try out OpenJFX.

Kind regards,

Cris

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Just one additional information: why JavaFX is required? SAP note 146505 tells the reason.

Regards,

Cris

• SAP Managed Tags:

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I decided to experiment OpenSUSE 42.1 Leap.

I faced the same issue:

Then I installed the JDK from Oracle (the 64 bits version), adjusted the JAVA_HOME to point to the new JDK.

Afterwards, success. The SAPGUI for Java 7.4 is working perfectly:

So, I installed the full JDK, not only JavaFX.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Cris

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot ! I will definitely try this out and let you know !

Very appreciated !

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Hello Poitras,

Due to licencing issues, OpenSuse does not install Oracle Java by default.

See

https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Installing_Java

Due to Oracle (Sun) licensing policies, Java JRE cannot be included in the repositories of openSUSE anymore. Here is a quick guide on how to install the newest and secure version. On the Oracle Java website two versions are available for downloading:

• Java Runtime Environment (JRE): includes Java virtual machine), libraries, Java application launcher, web browser and in general everything should be needed to run programs written with Java language.
  • Java Development Kit (JDK): in addition to the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) above, it includes all the tools needed to develop, test and debug programs written with Java language.

The JRE installation is a shorter version of the JDK installation, therefore the procedure to install the JDK will be shown first, this way differences with JRE installation should be clearer, should someone want to install just the Java Runtime Environment, for some reason. Therefore, installing both packages when they have the same version number, it is not (quite) useful.
With both the procedures given below, for JDK and for JRE installation, the same name, i.e. jdk_Oracle, will be used for the symbolic link pointing to the folder where the Oracle Java Environment is located. This way, one might even follow both procedures in a sequence, since the JDK and the JRE are installed in different directories, but only the latter is going to be used by your system (or whichever the symbolic link is pointing to).

NOTE: Before actually proceeding further, read the "Discussion" to this SDB for updates and contributions which may not yet have been accepted to be part of the main SDB.

Best regards,

Jude

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

you can also install openjfx which worked for me

sudo apt-get install openjfx
  • SAP Managed Tags: