cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLMAN 7.1 on Windows DB2 10.x db6_update_db error

0 Kudos

Installing SOLMAN 7.1 on Windows unable to go forward, failing with  db6_update_db.bat

Applied SAPNOTE As per Note 1365982  and replaced files with new version.

ENV set

DB6_UPDATE_DB_JAVA =  F:\db2\db2s50\db2_software\java\jdk\jre\bin\java.exe

WARNING (***********\Administrator) id=modlib.jslib.childAppReturn

Execution of the command "F:\db2\db2s50\db2_software\BIN\db2cmd.exe /C /w /i ""C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\SOLMAN71\SYSTEM\DB6\CENTRAL\AS\db6_update_db.bat"" "-d S50" "-k -a"" finished with return code 1. Output:

Error: Could not find or 11:21 AM 3/10/2015load main class db6_update_db

ERROR  (*******Administrator) id=modlib.jslib.caughtException errno=MUT-03025

Caught ESAPinstException in module call: Execution of C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\SOLMAN71\SYSTEM\DB6\CENTRAL\AS\db6_update_db.bat was not successful. Return code is 1.

ERROR ********) id=controller.stepExecuted errno=FCO-00011

The step adapt_AUTO_REORG_policy with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|onehost|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|createdbandload|0|NW_Postload|ind|ind|ind|ind|postload|0|NW_Postload_DB6|ind|ind|ind|ind|db6|0|adapt_AUTO_REORG_policy was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step: Execution of C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\SOLMAN71\SYSTEM\DB6\CENTRAL\AS\db6_update_db.bat was not successful. Return code is 1).

When I try to run it individually ( -version )

But in D:\ it works well.

D drive is where I uncarred the new db6_update_db.bat  and along witht he db6_update_db.jar, both of them copied to \Central\AS directory.

Somehow it does not work for installation

( It worked once, but later again same "Could not find or load main class " error repeats.

Please help, stuck in SAP installation stage -

Perform DB2 Post Load activities.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear All,

Problem solved. I should replace the new file in the Media of installation, and not in the \Central\AS directory.

Looking at the command of the log, I assumed I need to replace that file in C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\SOLMAN71\SYSTEM\DB6\CENTRAL\AS\db6_update_db.bat

Corrct place to replace -  Installation_Media -  "WINDOWS_AMD64"

sapinst  copies the batch file to \Central\AS every time you "Retry"

This was the mistake

Works fine now,

Thanks.

Answers (0)