cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Badges for Sap Open Course - Sap Business Warehouse Powered by Sap Hana Course

0 Kudos

Good day,

Please can you assist me, I have recently completed the Sap Business Warehouse Powered by SAP Hana Course, my user id is in my details on OpenSap, how do I earn Badges for this course?.

Kind Regards

Dianne

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Best way to get it done via reaching openSAP support team directly.

Click on 'Help' menu on right hand side at openSAP page, share your concerns.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

JK

0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

I have now done that, I seem to be getting conflicting information, I have followed the blog where other learners have enquired, and have been assisted in getting there badges, this is the response I got. (from enquiring to openSAP)

Dear Dianne,

The SCN badge abilities are currently disable for system enhancements.

You will receive a notification when the SCN badge functionality is enable again. We are expecting sometime in June/July time frame.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Bonnie

openSAP Team

In the interim one of the posts to another learner, reads as follows:

Hi Adrian,

first of all: Congrats for earning sufficient points for the Record of Achievement!

The course has just closed yesterday, it always takes several days after close until the certificates are created.

Thanks for your patience and kind regards

Torsten

And this was dated 20 May 2016.

A bit frustrating to say the least!

However, I will continue enquiring.

Thank you for your input.

Kind Regards

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't see conflicting information in those mails, one is talking about the badge the other about your certificate for achievement.

The badges are not automatically assigned by some nice software interactions, they have to be loaded manually.  And depending on the world region, some start their weekend on Thursday evening while others do not work on Saturday and Sunday.

Don't panic, it is just 2 days since May 20.

In the blog a comment was posted by

Caroleigh Deneen Apr 10, 2016 2:24 AM (in response to Kapil Patil)

Details here: New openSAP Mission on SCN: I Successfully Completed an openSAP Course!

The mission/badge is manually awarded, so if you successfully completed the class, it can take about 2 weeks to get the badge.

0 Kudos

Hi

You are correct, I meant to paste this instead

Hello Kapil,

first congrats for earning the Record of Achievement.

The creation and uploads of the SCN badge takes some time after the Record of Achievements are created, so it can take some further days.

Thanks for your patience and regards,

Torsten

Which is information about the badges, which is different to the response that I got. Never the less, Thank you for your assistance in this matter, I will be patient and give it a few more days.

Kind Regards

Dianne McCabe

Claire_Devereux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Dianne,

Thank you for your enthusiasm to receive your badge for your recently completed course on openSAP and congratulations on earning your Record of Achievement.

There is no real conflict between the answers - they are answering different questions so therefore, it is different depending on the context. The reason for different answers reflects on the transition of SCN which will happen in the coming weeks.

As mentioned above by other users and in our blog, the badges usually take 2/3 weeks to allocate as it is a manual task. The Sustainability course closed on May 12 so 2-3 weeks from May 12 would allow time for the badge to be implemented on the existing SCN system. This is why Torsten provided this response to the user who asked on May 20.

As you are asking my colleague Bonnie about the SAP Business Warehouse course, you received a different response. This is because your course closed on May 19 and so two weeks after that is already June. We, the openSAP team, do not know if the badge will be allocated prior to the change of SCN and we are working closely with our colleagues at SCN to define which courses will make the deadline. Therefore, Bonnie did not make any promises to you regarding your badge allocation since it is close to the deadline.

Your Record of Achievement is available for download on openSAP and we will update our blog post with details regarding the changeover from old SCN to new SCN in the near future to advise you regarding the courses that will make the deadline and the plans for those that are outside the deadline.

Thanks for your patience,

Kind regards,

Claire

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Looping Torsten Hams